Finding a job in teaching requires a resume that shows your passion for your work. Focus on your love of teaching and, now more than ever, a commitment to guiding students to achievement goals.
Teacher Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show special skills and your knowledge of job-related duties to differentiate yourself from other candidates and further demonstrate your dedication to teaching. Elaborate on your skill by drilling into the specifics of what you teach or related job duties:
- Teaching Focus (Math Instruction, Fifth Grade Instruction, Physical Education…)
- Student Engagement
Teacher Resume Highlights - Success Stories
- Share unique examples that show how your on-the-job experience sets you apart:
- Training you have completed and applied - you are in the business of education!
- Creative and flexible approaches to teaching that include every student’s learning style
- Technology aids in the classroom, tech-focused projects, or web resources you maintain for students
- After school programs or groups show versatility and commitment
Teacher Resume Example
Second Grade Teacher, Central West Elementary, Parker, CO August 2009 - Present
- Second Grade Instruction: Teach full curriculum of math, english, science, social studies. Flex teaching approach to meet individual student needs and challenges.
- Team Collaboration: Work with Primary team to outline unit and grade-level goals and measurable outcomes. Offer and seek team member expertise to adjust plans based on quarterly and annual results.
- Leadership: Primary English Team captain, responsible for knowledge of standards, continuing education requirements, and organization of team development plan.
- Completed state training to lead Second Grade team through transition from existing curriculum to new Core Standards over mandated two-year timeline.
- Created interactive, rewards-oriented reading lessons to encourage independence and achievement success. Base-line scores average of 3% over state standard.
- Incorporated technology such as "smart board" and created new teacher homepage to further engage students, both in the classroom and at home.
- Led launch of "Eager Readers" after school club and volunteer tutors. Student participation increased from 8 to 22 students, 2009 to present.