Accounting jobs come from every sector, whether you’re hoping for a position at an accounting firm, an intriguing manufacturer, or even a feel-good non-profit. Prepare a resumed that shows the bottom line – these businesses need a confident numbers person, like you.
Accountant Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Consider reconciling this list to fit the needs of job you have your eye on:
- Financial analysis
- Software proficiency
- IRS filing
Accountant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Add up career highlights that show challenges and positive outcomes:
- Streamlined practices
- Internal auditing
- Community service
Accountant Resume Example
Accountant (CPA), Zombie Bicycle Company, St. George, UT
May 2012 - Present
- Accounting: Manage all financial practices in growing manufacturing start-up. Document and reconcile all financial transactions, accounts payable and receivable, and internal expenditures. Point of contact for financial institutions.
- Financial analysis: Analyze and relay ongoing status of asset, liability, and capital outlook. Also continually track and report profit and loss of existing and new product lines.
- Office and accounting software: Proficient in both Mac and MS operating systems. Currently utilizing MS Office, Quickbooks, and ADP.
- Transitioned from spreadsheet-based to accounting software accounts payable and receivable. Implemented purchase order system to accurately align expenses to projects. Reduced client billing turnaround by an average of 10 days.
- Recruited, interviewed, appointed, and trained two accounting department support staff responsible for customer support and billing/receiving.
- Created Quickbooks-compatible expense spreadsheet and account numbering system for sales team to correctly connect expenses to project accounts and define legitimate expenses. Reduced expense audit time by 15%.