At a glance
Store Clerk - Cashier
Position Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service in pristine clean stores under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling and accurate recording of sales. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each customer receives prompt and courteous service.
- Greet customers, use suggestively sells techniques/skills and thank each customer.
- Comply with Federal mandates and company policy regarding tobacco sales
- Operate cash register system, money order machine, lotto terminal and credit card machine within established company guidelines.
- Ensure that fresh coffee is available at all times and maintains pristine conditions in the coffee area.
- Maintain pristine conditions in the fast food area.
- Ensure that all supplies in the coffee and fast food area are stocked (i.e., napkins, cups, straws, lids and condiments).
- Ensure that grocery, cooler and freezer items are fully stocked, cleaned, faced and fronted.
- Ensure that cigarette racks and displays are full.
- Ensure that all trash containers inside and outside are emptied and cleaned as needed.
- Ensure that the exterior store conditions are maintained to enhance curb appeal of the property during all hours of operation.
- Ensure that the restrooms are pristine and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and orderly manner.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to participate in training classes conducted by the company.
- People-oriented and able to provide superior customer service.
- Display a positive attitude that is contagious, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other associates.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds minimum but could be more based on job location and stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Must be available and willing to work some weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in customer service/retail field.
- Stable work history.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Full Time Store Associate
- Key Opener
- Assistant Store Manager
- Store Manager
- Store Auditor
- Loss Prevention
- QSR Manager
Job Codes to be used:
PDI – C-Store Group PCK
Statements included in this job profile do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Browse similar jobs
- Wilkes Barre
- store clerk cashier
- Turkey Hill Minit Markets
- Sales Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Retail Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Opener Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Grocery Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Food Service Jobs