POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Store Director and Director of Food Service
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the Food Service Department to achieve maximum sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and "special events" within a food service setting.
- To oversee and execute all operation objects set forth for the Food Service department. The food service department will include all hot foods, salad bar, store made sandwiches and salads..
- Responsible for managing the budget and department expenses, sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, menu development, preparation and service of food.
- Responsible to check and verify all Food Service department deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors.
- Responsible for maintain acceptable inventory levels to ensure the highest quality of freshness of all products.
- Meet profit objectives by controlling food, supply, and labor costs and maximizing sales potential through aggressive marketing and/or promotions while controlling shrink.
- Record, track, and maintain inventory levels of product used for food preparation. This includes conducting physical inventories each period.
- Responsible to help assist in unloading and transporting the prepared food merchandise to sales floor or storage areas.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas. Assesses sanitation practices and establishes sanitary controls as required by the county and/or state health department and company policy.
- Handle damages and spoiled products according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure favorable image with guests through a clean, attractive and friendly food preparation and serving by complying with sanitation, safety, and security company policies.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and execute food preparation tools essential to managing inventory and production while controlling shrink.
- Observe state and health department regulations pertaining to food safety and sanitation and to also maintain a housekeeping program to ensure a clean and orderly department.
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures, and food labeling laws.
- Effectively train and develop food preparation employees on programs, equipment function, and fundamental cooking principles. Supervise and schedule personnel to achieve highest quality of customer service.
- Abide by and enforce all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts regular departmental meetings for the entire staff to communicate plans, programs and policies, in order to teach, resolve problems, and seek suggestions for improvement.
- To oversee the prepared food department and assist in slicing and making prepared food trays when necessary.
- Assists in the hiring, training, appraisal, and discipline of the food service employees.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years' prior experience in food service management, retail department management, guest relations, and/or customer service experience.
- Must have to ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order merchandise, and maintain an acceptable inventory level.
- Basic analytical and math skills necessary for interpreting invoices, gross profits, and labor percentages.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly and effectively resolve issues that arise with both staff and customers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills for dealing with guests, employees, supervision, and vendors.
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates. ServSafe certification or comparable required.
- While performing the duties of this job, candidate will be required to stand for extended periods of time (2hrs+). Situations will require lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling, occasionally having to lift objects up to, and possibly over, 50 pounds,
- Basic computer skills essential with heavy focus on Microsoft programs.
- Must be a vibrant and dynamic personality with a high level of enthusiasm and a sincere passion for working with people and food.
Browse similar jobs
- prepare food manager
- Redner's Warehouse Markets
- Sales Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Merchandising Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Hospitality Jobs
- Quality Assurance Jobs
- Analytical Jobs
- Food Service Jobs