POSITION TITLE: Assistant Store Director
DEPARTMENT: Grocery Department
REPORTS TO: Store Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 47 Hours
Share store responsibilities and it's operations with the Store Director. Coordinate and direct the overall operations of the store in the absence of the Store Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Actively support the Store Director in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
2) Responsible for management of store personnel.
3) Assist Store Director and other department managers with training and development of all employees.
4) Greet all customers and be observant while working.
5) Handle customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
6) Identify and pricing discrepancies and inform the proper personnel.
7) Responsible for checking ads and ensure proper displays.
8) Implement and maintain all safety standards as directed by Loss Prevention and Risk Management departments.
9) Oversee sanitation program, housekeeping, and equipment maintenance control.
10) Assist in contributing to a profitable operation of the store.
11) Enforce receiving procedures according to company policies.
12) Prepare a weekly schedule based on projected sales volume and workload in the absence of the Store Director.
13) Assist in planning of merchandise displays to obtain maximum sales and profits.
14) Monitor dairy, bread, frozen, and grocery shelves and displays for freshness, quality, and price.
15) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in office as needed.
2) Conduct daily checks on refrigeration.
3) Assist in any department in the store as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Minimum of a high school education, and a college education is helpful but not required.
2) At least 3 years of experience in the supermarket industry with successful participation in management programs.
3) Should have a working knowledge of store operations.
4) Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and vendors.
5) Must have basic math skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, proportions, ratios, and volume.
6) Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and the ability to complete required accounting reports including inventory and receiving.
7) Excellent organization and follow through skills.