At a glance
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Maintenance - LQ to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Little Rock - Downtown location in Little Rock, Arkansas.
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotel’s physical plant in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair experience.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- On occasion is required climb up and down ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
- Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 65 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the Company’s Preventative Maintenance Program, including adherence to the work order process.
- Resolve work orders reported in a timely manner while Sensing and Responding to guestroom needs.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Report requests for major repairs to the General Manager in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in determining capital requests and monitoring existing contracts for capital projects.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the hotel.
- Respond to guest’s requests for immediate repairs.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
Safety and Security
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Little Rock - Downtown, 617 South Broadway, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Employment Status: Full-time
Browse similar jobs
- Little Rock
- Hotel & Hospitality
- maintenance lq
- La Quinta by Wyndham Little Rock - Downtown
- Sales Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Building Maintenance Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Driver Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Electrician Jobs
- Plumbing Jobs
- HVAC Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Carpentry Jobs