The captain leads the team, ensures that the guest will experience exceptional service and a smooth flow of service, that the food served to the guest is correct, and that the other members of the team perform their jobs.
- Maintain awareness of and follow Company service standards at all times including actively practicing gang service – gang seating, serving, bussing
- Communicate well with other team members beginning with team meeting and carried throughout service while exhibiting good teamwork skills and gives/receives direction well
- Practice good guest making skills with a positive attitude while treating guests with respect and making them feel special while exceeding their expectations
- Exhibit a warm and welcoming demeanor being mindful of body language, non-verbal communication and tone of voice
- Maintain a strong professional presence which includes arriving to work on time, ready to work and in clean, proper uniform
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of food and drink menu items, daily specials, promotions, ingredients and prep time
- Maintain a knowledge of food pairings and recommended wines or beverages that go well with appetizers, entrees and desserts
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used terminology, concepts, practices and procedures within the restaurant profession
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving. Must be L.R.V. Certified.
- Ability to operate a point-of-sale system and/or cash register
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and respect of position.
- Practice step consolidation and is efficient with time management
- Maintain a continual eye for detail
- Set up / detail station and perform side duties in time to have the station completely ready for seating before the pre-shift meeting. Build all large party reservation tables.
- Serve all courses and quarter back trays according to Company service standards
- Maintain tables throughout service
- Clear courses thoroughly and with speed by using the stacking method
- Control all processing of checks and organize closed out checks
- Extend a warm farewell to guests as they depart
- Work as a team to reset the table within 3 minutes
- Polish all wine glasses for next shift.
- Leadership – you are the example that all members of your team will model themselves after. Lead by example.
- Organization – maintain awareness of the members of your team and keeping them on track
- Flow of service – perceive what flow of service your guest would prefer. You are responsible for making sure that service does not lag. Keep track of your tables at all times. Adapt to changing situations, and handle difficult situations gracefully, before they become a crisis
- Enjoys coming to work and has a good time while maintaining professionalism
- Work efficiently and complete required tasks within assigned timeframe
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and participate in a meaningful way
- Work as a team to perform all side duties, station break down, and reset for each shift
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience in a fine-dining or high-volume restaurant preferred
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and give correct change
- Ability to converse, read and write in English with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in a positive, upbeat and enthusiastic way
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interactions/relationships with management, coworkers and guests while maintaining an outgoing, friendly and approachable attitude
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision and complete required tasks within set schedules and deadlines
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management, follow-up and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment with a customer service orientation
- Be flexible and eager to learn new things
- Maintain a strong professional presence and present a well-groomed appearance
- Must be able to maneuver in an office, through restaurants/bars and at outside functions. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, twist, lift, push, pull and grip items when necessary. May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds; push, pull or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity is essential…
- Must be able to work varied hours/days, including evenings, weekends and holidays, in accordance with restaurant operations and adhere to the attendance requirements of the company
- Must adhere to the established appearance, hygiene, and dress code guidelines
- Ability to adhere to and comply with all rules and regulations of the company
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and their requirements. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or requirements of the position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add to or revise this job description at any time, with or without prior notice. Employment is at-will and this job description does not imply an employment contract.
Dickie Brennan & Company is a 9-time Best Places to Work recipient (Top 3 in 2015!) and GREAT BENEFITS include: Competitive Pay * Advancement Opportunities * Medical/Dental Coverage * Paid Life Insurance * Paid Vacation * Employee Meals * 401(k) Program with Company Match * PLUS MORE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace. Dickie Brennan & Company participates in E-Verify, a federal program verifying each employee’s right to work in the Unites States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- New Orleans
- Food & Restaurant
- Writing Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Paid Time Off Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Analytical Jobs
- Food Service Jobs