Hosts are responsible for welcoming and seating guests in a manner that reflects our commitment to hospitality and service.
- Communicate effectively with other team members throughout service while exhibiting good teamwork skills. Notify kitchen, managers and waitstaff about big parties, XXPs and locals.
- Practice good guest making skills through proper communication while regularly following the GUEST concept and keeping guest satisfaction in mind
- Exhibit a positive attitude, welcoming demeanor, is courteous, and genuinely SMILES
- Immediately greet all incoming guests with a warm greeting and eye contact. Thank all outgoing guests with a sincere farewell.
- Promptly answer the phone in a pleasant, courteous and informed manner per standard.
- Maintain a professional appearance and presence at all times which includes arriving to work on time, ready to work and in proper, professional attire
- Promptly answering telephones in a polite and professional manner, keeping etiquette in mind at all times
- Provide guest services such as calling for cabs, hotel information and directions to interesting sites in the city as well as other restaurants.
- Maintain an organized host stand and remain on top of paperwork (host stand binder, XXPs, locals, Short Forms, BEOs, Files, Copies, etc.)
- Pivot Host is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the seating chart, assigning tables, setting quote times for the wait, direct seaters, ensure OpenTable for all reservations
- Seating Host is responsible to seat accurately in a timely manner, update Pivot Host on the status of tables in the dining room, provide support and answer phones so the Pivot Host can concentrate on the dining room.
- Update menus and wine lists regularly and with a sense of urgency
- Quote accurate wait times for tables and notify guests immediately if there are any discrepancies with the time quoted.
- Seat efficiently, balancing maximization of guests with server ability
- Offer to carry drinks for ladies when seating from the bar
- Able to constantly be aware of surrounding on the floor
- Maintain cleanliness of the restrooms during hours of operation
- Maintain an awareness of and following Company service standards at all times including actively practicing gang service
- Proficient in Reservation Source and notates reservations with detailed, specific information
- Enjoys coming to work and has a good time while maintaining professionalism
- Work efficiently and productively to complete required tasks within assigned timeframe
- Train others whenever the opportunity presents itself and accept training from others.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and participate in a meaningful way
- Perform side work and closing duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain all standards in the host manual
- High school graduate or equivalent; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate Open Table and Reservation Source
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately in a positive, upbeat and enthusiastic way
- Ability to converse, read and write in English with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision and complete required tasks within set schedules and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interactions/relationships with management, coworkers, and guests while maintaining and outgoing, friendly and approachable attitude
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management, follow-up and analytic skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment with a customer service orientation
- Maintain a strong professional presence and present a well-groomed appearance
- Manual dexterity is essential…
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds; push, pull or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work varied hours/days, including evening, weekends and holidays, in accordance with restaurant operations and adhere to the attendance requirements of the company
- Must adhere to the established appearance, hygiene, and dress code guidelines
- Ability to adhere to and comply with all rules and regulations of the company
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and their requirements. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or requirements of the position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add to or revise this job description at any time, with or without prior notice. Employment is at-will and this job description does not imply an employment contract.
Dickie Brennan & Company is a 9-time Best Places to Work recipient (Top 3 in 2015!) and GREAT BENEFITS include: Competitive Pay * Advancement Opportunities * Medical/Dental Coverage * Paid Life Insurance * Paid Vacation * Employee Meals * 401(k) Program with Company Match * PLUS MORE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace. Dickie Brennan & Company participates in E-Verify, a federal program verifying each employee’s right to work in the Unites States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- New Orleans
- Food & Restaurant
- Writing Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Paid Time Off Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Telephone Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Food Service Jobs