Kitchen-Full and Part Time Positions Available
Full-Time Kitchen Positions available at Jason's Deli:
PART and FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Discounts on food
Medical, Dental, Vision Available for FT Employees
Advancement Opportunities through our Career Path Program
Prep / Production / Line Cook:
The Back of the House Line Employee performs in the following job set-up positions: vegetable prep, fruit prep, salad bar set-up, front line set-up, back line set-up, meat slicer, catering prep, bread prep, recipe person, project person, and bus/dish set-up. The Back of the House Line Employee performs in the following job positions during the shift: sandwich maker, swing, chip & pickle (expeditor), end person, drink person, back line maker, “to go” expeditor, salad bar re-stocker, food runner, bus person, dishwasher.
Experience: Six months experience preferred.
Skills: Qualified applicants must be able to learn basic job routines and must be able to communicate effectively.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified applicant. An Applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jason’s Deli’s dress code policies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
2. The ability to bend over, reach upwards or outward, twist, turn around, and climb up on ladders in a timely fashion.
3. The ability to perform a variety of jobs at a very rapid pace.
4. The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extensive periods of time.
5. The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
6. The ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
7. The ability to understand and to follow directions.
8. The ability to use equipment including telephones, cash registers, calculators, knives, meat slicers, buffalo choppers, the robocoupe, drills, mixers, can openers, scales, and dishwashing machines.
9. The ability to lift very heavy objects with or without assistance.
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Food preparation including the cutting, grating, and/or slicing of fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads, desserts, and party trays.
2. Setting up the deli for lunch, cleaning up and re-setting the deli after the shift, closing down the deli after the dinner shift.
3. Food service positions including making sandwiches, chip & pickling, catering, expediting, swinging, running the end, running the oven, preparing drinks, preparing orders to go, restocking the salad bar, and making food runs.
4. Learning job positions functions and then being able to instruct others on how to perform those same functions.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
1. Bussing tables and washing dishes.
2. Cleaning projects which will require using chemicals to clean all areas in the deli, including sweeping and mopping, and scrubbing all floor areas including moving equipment in order to scrub behind and underneath it, cleaning and wiping counters, walls, pictures, cabinets, and other artifacts, cleaning and scrubbing equipment including slicers, choppers, the robocoupe, drills, knives, can openers, ovens, pots and pans, walk-in coolers, scales, racks, and holman ovens.
3. Performing maintenance duties including standing on ladders to change light bulbs, to clean air vents, and to clean ceiling tiles, as well as other items.
4. Daily organizing of products including lifting heavy orders of product, putting up heavy orders of product in the walk-in cooler and other storage areas, re-arranging product in the walk-in cooler and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
Statement of Performance:
The General Manager and his or her Assistant Managers will evaluate a new employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and his or her Assistants evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager.
Section VI – Statement of Totality:
This position will include any and all other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the deli.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- Food & Restaurant
- Kitchen Full and Positions Available
- Jason's Deli
- Busser Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Dish Washing Jobs
- Expediter Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Paid Time Off Jobs
- Catering Jobs
- Part-Time Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs