At a glance
Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker
The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared especially Pizza Station and Salad Bar. This person will setup, prepare and serve food from counters and steamtables. Provide general stocking duties in service area. Break down stations at the end of meal periods. Comply with all company food safety and risk management policies and procedures. Duties also include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations and other duties as required.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions and estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards and may keep records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils and provide general stocking duties.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas and may assist customers with opening containers and cutting food.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company HACCP, safety, risk management and other policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner and participates in safety meetings, trainings and hazard assessments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful but must attends work and show up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility.
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.