|Job type||Full-time, Part-time|
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Seeking qualified, experienced General Manager to oversee every aspect of hotel operations on a day to day basis as well as creating goals and objectives for future growth and success. He/she will provide the strategic leadership required to achieve the fiduciary and quality goals of club members, resort guests, owners, stakeholders and employees. The GM will ensure the effective and efficient operation of all facets of the resort while improving on the current model and be responsible for managing in a manner consistent with the mission, operating philosophy, standards and values of the property owners and Benchmark, the managing entity.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct, manage, and oversee revenue generation and profitability for the property
- Strong Membership relation skills
- Ability to work with owners on a daily basis.
- Understanding how to impact and drive revenue.
- Lead the property strategic plan prior to the annual planning process
- Lead annual planning process, to include the sales and marketing plan, operating budget, capital budget, and human resource plan
- Drive new market and business development for Membership, Group, Transient and Catering Sales by overseeing an effective Sales effort.
- Uphold philosophy and values of owners and Management Company, Keeping the corporate office and the owners informed of important decisions, resort progress, etc. on a regular basis
- Maintaining a positive work environment at the property by building an outstanding team of the best talent, leading and inspiring all employees to work to their highest capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards and holding the team accountable for results.
- Periodically prepare an evaluation of all work activities, and institute changes in systems and services offered by the Collection in every division and department.
- Develop and execute an effective communication plan to members, guests, ownership, and employees and establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key members and clients.
- Maintain good rapport with, and takes leadership role in, appropriate professional associations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and community groups. Ensure that the property participates in relevant industry, trade and community events.
- Develop and maintain good business and community relationships; support and participate in those business and community activities, which will benefit the property’s positioning.
- Identify meaningful achievement goals. Provide standards to measure performance. Facilitate EC and Management Team meetings
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a four-diamond level
- Taking frequent tours of the property to ensure that the quality of the facilities is maintained at the highest level
- Direct programs for training and development to enhance the member and guest experience and ensure communication methods are in place for member and guest recognition and preferences
- Direct employee relations programs along with Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between employees and management.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance program is appropriate and well managed.
- Ensure regular walk through for cleanliness and maintenance.
- Lead Capital recommendations to improve property operations.
- Direct program to see that all Member/Guest/Employee safety and health requirements are met.
- The ability to work in an environment with constant change. Be creative in the approach to problem solving, offerings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Requires ability for highly complex conceptual thinking and developing creative solutions
- Previous hospitality experience required, to include sports (golf and tennis) and spa operations
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Minimum 5 years previous GM experience required
- Requires a minimum formal education of a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent on the job experience
- Some sales and marketing experience required
- Must be able and willing to work within the confines of a strict budget.