At a glance
Guest Services Rep
• Smiles when "On Stage"
• Adheres to PCI compliance
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag Provides the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
• Stays current on all emergency procedures and acts accordingly.
• Greets and registers guests and provides room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in the pre-registration and blocking of reservations.
• Has a working knowledge of reservations procedures, sell reservations (be an order maker, not an order taker), and know cancellation procedures and Walk Policy.
• Mystery shop calls will be conducted monthly. Agrees with being recorded and dedicated to the shop call process.
• Handles guest check-ins and checkouts efficiently, in a friendly and professional manner. Provides information to all guests in a courteous and informative manner. Does not volunteer information about guests or associates-only indicate whether or not they can be reached Handles complaints courteously and enters in Quore to ensure proper follow up.
• Handles lost and found by taking relevant messages and completing Lost and Found form and directing to proper department and logging in to Quore
• Communicates with incoming shift by logging pertinent information in the front office log in Quore
Ensures that all cash, check and miscellaneous items are in balance at the end of each shift.
• Completes appropriate shift checklist daily and enters in Quore
• Handles an assigned house bank and follows all cash handling as per hotel standard
• Keeps housekeeping informed of any special requests, late checkouts and special need areas in the hotel.
• Answers and when required transfers all incoming calls in a timely and friendly manner.
• Receives and transmits mail, phone and written message for guests (in absence of voice mail system)
• Answers inquires pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
• Assists guest in obtaining information. i.e. airlines, rent-a-car, companies, etc.
• Posts room charges, food and beverage charges, phone charges, compute guest bills using PMS, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all handling procedures as required. Ensures adequate key cards are available for assignment of guestrooms.
• Attends to special service request including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit
• Assures that complimentary amenities are delivered to VIP's at the time required.
• Promotes repeat business by offering to take future reservations upon checkout and providing recommendations for alternate NHG Products.
• Keeps the front office area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
• Has knowledge of the hotel, hotel staff, hotel services with hours of operations, room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies, hotel rates and discounts and how to handle each; and hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
• Is knowledgeable of 3rd party channels and any current promotions being offered, as well as
all special promotions through the brand. Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
• Develops a thorough knowledge of the hotels PMS. Has understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy to ensure maximum occupancy.
• Is aware of new potential sales contacts through guest interaction and report the information to the Sales Department by use of Sales Leads Sheets.
• Contributes to and supports the hospitality programs and training seminars to ensure their success. Continue to practice skills taught.
• Attends monthly front office meetings
• Performs required tasks, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Minimum Performance Standards set by the brand.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the NHG Employee Handbook.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand for entire shift; walking to a significant degree. Requires ability to move fingers and hands easily and quickly. Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and members of the front office staff and to answer telephone calls. Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks. Requires ability to lift 15-25 pounds infrequently. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with applicable franchise front desk standards and procedures or ability (gained through 2+ years of previous experience related employment) to quickly become familiar with resort procedures. Requires ability to operate all Front Office Equipment. Must have ability to handle/resolve guest complaints and/or knowledge/understanding of when and how to direct the guest to receive assistance. Must have ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public in person and over the telephone.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent. Previous hotel front office experience preferred, however, ability gained through 2+ years related employment (sales, cashier) or on-the-job training may substitute for actual front office experience.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.