Lancaster Part Time Customer Service
Lancaster Part Time Customer Service- Various Departments
The grand opening of the new Lancaster store will be in September 2018.
The Lancaster store will be open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Part-Time interviews will begin Spring 2018.
Opportunities are for Year-Round employment.
Online Correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
169 Park City Center
Lancaster, PA 17601
(Inside the Mall next to Sears)
A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we recognize how important it is to provide the best service possible to our customers and take pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. Whether answering customer questions, offering meal solutions or making sure products are stocked on our shelves, customer service team members perform every action with the highest standards in mind!
Service Departments include: Accounting Office, Front End, Helping Hands, Maintenance, Price Checking; Service Desk
Positions of a similar nature may include: cashier, sales associate, checker, clerk, customer service representative, parking lot attendants, cart pusher, teller, guest services, lot attendant, janitor, handy person, and maintenance
Perishable Departments include: Bakery, In-store Bakeshop, Deli, Floral, Meat, Cheese, Produce, Seafood.
Positions of a similar nature may include: sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, stocker, food production, cake decorator, baker, meat cutter, meat wrapper, floral designer, and floral designer
Prepared Foods and Restaurant Departments
Prepared Foods and Restaurant Departments include: Catering, Coffee Shop, Sub Shop, Pizza, Market Café Service, Restaurant, Table Bussers and Dishwashers
Positions of a similar nature may include: sales associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, food prep, food production, server, sandwich prep, baker, Waitress, Waiter, Bartender, Hostess, Host, Server, Attendant, Food Runner, Expeditor, Bar Porter, Bartender Helper, Bar Back, Steward, Banquet Server, Waitstaff, Restaurant Server, line cook, prep cook, short order, cook, grill cook, fry cook, and dishwasher
Merchandising Departments include: Bulk Foods, Dairy, Frozen Foods, Home and Entertaining, Grocery, Health and Wellness, Nature’s Marketplace (Natural & Organic products), Receiving, Wine and Beer
Positions of a similar nature may include: Stocking, Warehousing, Night Crew, Replenishment, Stock Clerk, Stocker, Picker, Grocery Stocker, Evening Stocker, sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, and associate
Pharmacy Customer Service positions include: Technician
Positions of a similar nature may include: Pharmacy Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician, and CPhT
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly, manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/services recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organization skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines.
What might set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Learn, use and be able to explain cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home (in Perishable and Prepared Foods Departments
- Work involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department
- Perishable and Prepared Food departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment
- In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, it is Wegmans policy that when working in Perishable or Prepared Food areas, facial ornaments & jewelry must be removed and a hair restraint must be worn (with reasonable accommodation for bona fide religious beliefs). In addition, when using a knife or a slicer you will be required to wear a cutting glove.
- Day/Hour Requirements: Part-time employees may work up to 30 hours/week with shifts ranging between 4 and 8 hours at a time based on department needs. Weekly hours and specific shifts are not guaranteed and we do not offer set schedules. The most successful applicants offer an availability spanning several hours at a time, on multiple days/week. Specific days/hours of work vary by position/department and will generally include weekends.
- Availability requirements for these positions do not generally change throughout the year, except to meet any changes in business needs. Wegmans stores do not hire seasonal employees.
- All applications will be screened and only applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview
- If you might be a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check and employment verification, in accordance with applicable law.
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, all employees will be required to travel to other stores. Travel may be required (and should be expected) for each shift an employee is scheduled to work prior to the store opening.
Browse similar jobs
- Lancaster Customer Service
- Bakery Jobs
- Busser Jobs
- Banking Jobs
- Artistic Ability Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Bartender Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Dish Washing Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Food Manufacturing Jobs
- Expediter Jobs
- Event Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Health Care Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Grocery Jobs
- Personal Finance Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Opener Jobs
- Packer Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Catering Jobs
- Dessert Jobs
- Coffee Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Pizza Jobs
- Food Service Jobs