At a glance
Memory Care Coordinator
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To perform as the lead care assistant in the memory care neighborhood and to supervise and implement
all activities in the memory care neighborhood under the direction of the Executive Director.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This statement sets forth the basic tasks and duties of the job, but is not intended to provide a detailed
description of all functions that may be required to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Assist the resident in self-medication.
- Develop and implement resident activities and schedules.
- Develop and implement staff daily work assignment sheets to be approved by the Exec- utive Director before utilizing.
- Communicate daily with the staff on all shifts concerning any details about residents or activities.
- Assist residents with their personal care and activities of daily living as assigned and as requested by residents. These may include but are not limited to changing, dressing, bathing and toileting residents.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned using established procedures and stand- ards. These may include but are not limited to changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash cans and cleaning up after accidents occur.
- Assist with food preparation, service and cleanup as directed.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Respond to resident emergency calls and notify appropriate personnel where necessary.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing work schedules to accommodate resident needs.
- Advise the Executive Director of ideas for improving work flow and resident satisfaction.
- Prepare lists of suggested activities, field trips and needed activity supplies. Shop for supplies as approved.
- Develop and suggest community marketing plans with the Executive Director.
- Participate in marketing the memory care neighborhood by conducting tours and an- swering questions during tours.
- Immediately notify the Executive Director of any concerns of families or residents. At
- the Executive Director's request make return calls to residents' families.
- Train staff for the memory care neighborhood.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the com- munity.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
* Must have earned a high school diploma, a GED, or high school equivalency.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old