|Job type||Full-time, Part-time|
GI Technician - EndoscopyJob Summary:
Under the direction of a Licensed Nurse and/or Physician performs various patient care activities and related services such as cleaning and disinfection, clerical, receptionist, patient education and care, communication and supply procurement duties.
* Assists in assessment and identification of physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs of the patient, obtains vital signs, and notifies Registered Nurse of any pertinent findings.
* Performs rounds on patients in the prep/observation area to meet patient needs and enhance the patient experience, and communicates when necessary.
* Assists physicians and/or nurses during procedures and tests within scope of competency.
* Maintains clean and safe environment by cleaning and defrosting refrigerators, removing dirty linen appropriately, cleaning and preparing patient carts as well as cleaning and processing of endoscopy instruments and equipment per policy maintaining PPE.
* Maintain quality controls within department.
* Tears down procedure rooms at end of day and prepares room for next day cases, including restocking of supplies.
* Keeps hallways uncluttered.
* Transports patients utilizing safe technique.
* Assists with equipment management within the department as well as all cases outside of the department by troubleshooting and following-up on all equipment issues plus requesting assistance when needed.
* Maintains inventories and communicates to appropriate personnel of needs.
* Utilizes software applications as appropriate.
* Assists with breath tests in GI Special testing Lab.
* Receives patients at reception area and facilitates throughput.
* Prepares charts, tracks patients in Op Time, and communicates to RN all special patient needs.
* Assists in scheduling procedures and assists with functions at the control desk when necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* BCLS required. Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
* Certification from the Certifying Board of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc. preferred.
* Medical Assistant Certification or minimum one year hospital experience utilizing medical terminology and computer skills required.
* One year Gastroenterology lab, Clinical experience, or operating room preferred.
* Requirements for this position include; standing in one area up to eight hours, wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment); sitting in a confined area for eight hours using a computer screen and the ability to perform small repetitive motor tasks (e.g., typing, filing, responding to telephone, application of abdominal pressure) are necessary.
* This job also requires that an individual be able to work under periods of high stress.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities