Housekeeping Supervisor - The Arrabelle - Year Round
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Housekeeping Supervisor - Full Time - Year Round - The Arrabelle, a RockResort - Vail, CO
The Arrabelle is a luxury Vail hotel ideally located in the heart of the much-acclaimed Vail Square. Nestled against the base of North America's #1 ski resort, just footsteps from the Eagle Bahn gondola, The Arrabelle at Vail Square was inspired by the classic grand alpine hotels of Europe. Here at The Arrabelle, exceptional Vail accommodations, supreme mountain resort amenities, and timeless elegance and charm come together like never before. Hotel amenities include 60 luxury hotel rooms and suites, Tavern on the Square, a European-style pub with indoor and outdoor dining, RockResorts Spa® and fitness center.
The Housekeeping Supervisor at the Arrabelle is responsible for the supervision of the cleaning of hotel guestrooms according to RockResorts' standards by providing the highest level of quality and service for hotel guests. This person will be responsible for the following:
- Hands on Roll.
- Prioritizing, assigning and coordinating housekeeping functions and requests for predominantly PM shifts including monitoring radio calls and organizing staff in an efficient manner
- Supervision, training/ coaching, brand standard implementation, handling guest challenges with care and concern, and ensuring guest requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Inspection of rooms to RockResorts' standards as assigned by section, correcting deficiencies and notifying management on deficiencies
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies.
- Replenishing linens, amenities and other supplies in guest rooms
- Monitoring and resolving any issues relating to public areas, restrooms, pool and hallways.
- Conducting hotel walk throughs as required to ensure Public areas are maintained and staff fulfilling evening duties.
- As needed, fulfill all job responsibilities expected of Room Attendants, Housepersons and Public Area Attendants including all general cleaning functions across the resort.
- Responsible for creating daily worksheets for Turndown staff and assigning nightly duties as required.
- Conducting weekly inventory of all housekeeping cleaning supplies and amenity supplies.
- Reports lost items found to Housekeeping Office/Management.
- Communicates all guest feedback to the appropriate manager to ensure guest history is updated.
- Maintaining carts, linen rooms, and housekeeping equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion
- Participation in training classes set up by Vail Resorts.
- Complies with all resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters
- Ensures the department leads the charge in regards to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service
- Emphasizes the guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Communicates all work orders directly to engineering while copying the housekeeping management.
- Each staff member is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Minimum one year of resort housekeeping experience. -required
- Previous supervisory or management experience in a guest service setting. -required
- Basic computer skills. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in English. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able stand for long periods of time and be able to access all areas of the resort. -required
- College degree in a Hospitality Management program. -preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred
- Experience with LMS. -preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish. -preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 147591