Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of "Best outcome every patient every time" through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation's fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Supply Techninican I
Location: Methodist Campus
Shift: Full time/40 hrs per week 3P-11P
The purpose of this position is to perform daily work activities in Central Supply (CS). These activities include, but are not limited to; decontamination of equipment, replenishing inventory in supply areas, ordering supplies; distribution of supplies, inventory of equipment, and replenishment of supply carts and PAR levels.
Accomplishes Essential Job tasks, as delegated by their supervisor, utilizing applicable policies and procedures in the performance of their duties
- Performs all duties necessary to provide requested equipment and supplies in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure proper processing of all equipment and supplies within SPD.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure proper handling of supplies, materials and equipment throughout the Medical Center.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure that equipment held in CS is properly handled and cleaned for various units.
- Returns equipment from the units for cleaning, inspecting for visual damage, red tagging known faulty equipment and delivers equipment to clinical engineering for repair and or inspection.
Uses time, supplies & other resources to ensure the efficient distribution of materials throughout the Medical Center.
- When making deliveries to a unit may need to pick up and return equipment & supplies.
- Provides for informing CS staff that returned equipment must be entered on the computer for correct patient charging as applicable.
- Provides for returned items and equipment to be returned to inventory in the proper location.
- Provides for returning soiled equipment for reprocessing.
- Provides for equipment pick-up and delivery so that all equipment for one area is picked up and/or delivered at that time to prevent "backtracking."
- Provides for use of volunteers to assist when appropriate.
- Provides for checking the item/equipment number to ensure that the correct item/equipment is sent.
- Provides for checking with user if request does not seem correct.
- Provides for bringing to the attention of management that equipment inventory is low or out.
- Provides for returned equipment tags to management for final processing.
Possesses working knowledge of the decontamination process that is designated to SPD
- Performs equipment cleaning ensuring that all equipment is clean before distribution.
- Performs clean-up of decontamination area at the end of the shift
- Performs taking equipment to clinical engineering for inspection.
- Documents the cleaning of equipment in such a way that it can be audited.
- Performs equipment inquiry both specific and all.
- Performs stat delivery and pick-up of equipment correctly and expeditiously.
- Generates information on equipment shortages
- Performs steps to notify inventory clerk of needed supplies to ensure that processes are not delayed.
- Performs steps to notify manager of problems in decontamination.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure that correct cleaning procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Cleans soiled equipment to ensure that equipment is in satisfactory condition to be placed into service.
- Monitors electrical cords, so that damaged ones are red tagged and reported.
- Cleans poles and inspects. Broken poles are red tagged and taken out of service for repairs.
Performs SPD job functions within the general policies and procedures of the Department and Medical Center.
- Training for job tasks must be successfully completed.
- Provides for answering telephones in a manner and attitude that reflects a professional image.
- Provides for responding immediately to stat requests and situations.
- Provides for willingly communicating all information that other SPD Staff must know to assist them in the performance of their duties.
- High School Diploma/GED Preferred
- Not Indicated
License and Certification
- Not Indicated
Required English Skills
- Basic reading skills
- Basic writing skills
- Basic oral skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
- Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
Browse similar jobs
- Customer Service
- Supply Technician
- UnityPoint Health
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Commercial Driver Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Driver Jobs
- Health Care Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Telephone Jobs
- Hospital Jobs