Registered Nurse – Endoscopy – Celebration
AdventHealth Celebration Health seeks to hire an Outpatient Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
Endoscopy is a small division within the Surgical Services Department. Out team cares for a wide variety of procedures including, but are not limited to, Endoscopy (traditional and capsule), Colonoscopy (screening and diagnostic), Endoscopic Ultrasound, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), Bronchoscopy, Esophageal Dilation, Gastrointestinal Bleeding Control, Stent Placement, and Laryngoscopy. The Endoscopy staff care for the patient in the pre-operative and procedural phases of the procedure and then must hand off care to the Phase II Recovery Team. This department inhabits a shared space in the Pre-operative/Phase II Recovery area. It consists of 3-4 Pre-procedure bays, with telemetry monitoring capabilities and two Endoscopy suites within the Surgical Services Department. We are committed to providing safe, quality, exceptional patient care based upon the values of AdventHealth (ICBEST) and the CREATION Health Principles.
Monday – Friday, 4/10s; Call required; Hours vary; Weekend and Holiday hours required
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities, utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the department. The RN adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful of all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- One year of professional nursing experience (preferred)
- Oncology experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy, and Own It as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Performs properly, legibly documents, and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Evaluates patients' developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Performs treatments and administers medications, identifies needs and plan of care, functions appropriately in clinical emergencies, evaluates effectiveness of interventions, interprets and verifies physician orders correctly, investigates questionable situations. Takes clinical and operational direction from the Gamma Knife Coordinator.
- Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis; able to identify individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities; demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy, and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Outpatient RN opportunity with AdventHealth Celebration Health and apply online today.
- Bonus Details:
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Registered Nurse, RN, Outpatient, Endoscopy, Celebration
Position Location: Celebration
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Primary Location: US-FL-Celebration
Job Level: Staff / Associate
Education Level: Associate's Degree
Job Posting: Dec 28, 2018, 2:10:05 PM