Entry Level Human Resources Assistant1. Assist with administration of health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations.
2. Assist with collection, tracking and processing of required documents for payroll and insurance providers to ensure complete and accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
3. Assists with annual Open Enrollment process each year
4. Maintains HRIS regarding ACA benefit tracking, and communicates with newly eligible employees based on their ACA benefit status.
5. Assist with employee questions regarding benefits or researching employee questions to ensure employees are provided with answers to questions in a timely manner.
6. Provides benefit information to employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions
7. Provide subject matter expertise; answers questions, investigates claims, invoice reporting, and point of contact regarding benefits
8. Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with internal and external customers.
9. Ensure compliance of external systems to maintain list of current/terminated employees (i.e. COBRA and 401k websites).
10. Provide input to establish competitive benefits programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
11. Assist in collection, tracking and maintaining information for employee leaves of absence, and Workers Compensation.
12. Provides guidance to new employee for input of personal information into HRIS system.
13. Meet department assigned measurements and company goals.
14. Assist department in carrying out various human resources and procedures for all company employees; tracks and collects new hire paperwork, ensures all paperwork is provided properly maintained, files documents according to the guidelines and company procedures, fax documents, prepare flyers, and various documents and projects as requested.
15. Performs other duties as required and assigned.
1. Associate's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred or a combination of education & work experience with a minimum of two (2) years experience administering employee benefits or Human Resources.
2. Must have good computer skills, specifically Google Apps and MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn HRIS systems (ADP).
3. Must have good problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and an aptitude for analyzing data.
4. Must have superior communication skills both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
5. Must be able to make good decisions and have solid time management skills.
6. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
7. Ability to succeed in a team environment as well as work independently.
8. Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
9. Ability to manage and prioritize competing work assignments and meet deadlines.
10. Knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required. Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations is preferred.
11. Experience working in a field-based, multi-state environment a plus.