The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville. The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
The Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for managing, directing and coordinating all functions of the Housekeeping department. Responsible for maintaining impeccable levels of cleanliness and upkeep, ensuring cost controls are in place and supporting a positive work environment for all associates.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness and a consistent guest experience as documented Medallia, AAA, Inn-keeping ratings, and ability to execute all Omni Hotels facility standards and guidelines.
- To ensure a smooth, efficient, and economic operation in the Housekeeping and Laundry departments. To specify and purchase supplies, and record all data pertaining to the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- To effectively monitor the preventative Maintenance program throughout the hotel.
- To maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for excellence in service and cleanliness.
- Constantly monitor and control all labor cost for Housekeeping and Laundry departments, achieving targeted payroll.
- To maintain Housekeeping turnover to an acceptable level.
- To maintain close coordination, communication, and interaction with front office, to ensure rooms are available for sale, and with Engineering to ensure guest room and all public areas are at peak operative levels.
- Close coordination and communication with other internal departments.
- Directly control the issuance and retrieval of associate uniforms.
- Administer the Lost and Found department ensuring all Omni Hotel standards are met or exceeded.
- Directly control the key control program for all Housekeeping associates.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits.
- Inspect and tour all public areas several times daily.
- Effectively lead team of Assistant Directors, supervisors and line level associates to include serving as a mentor, managing performance, handling all disciplinary matters and training.
- Inspect all VIP rooms daily.
- Monitor guest's complaints accordingly and take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain and administer quarterly linen inventories, responsible for action plans to address shrinkage.
- Assist with budget process as required by the Assistant Director/Director of Rooms.
- Develop master cleaning schedules and administer accordingly.
- Monitor all Housekeeping inventories to ensure adequate supplies are always available, complete analysis of amenity consumption.Maintain accurate payroll information for the Housekeeping department and control of same in accordance with plan.
- To ensure that all Systems and Controls, Loss Prevention, and Energy Conservation guidelines are on line.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive Rooms Leadership experience in an upscale, full service hotel. Previous experience must include either a minimum of 2 year as Rooms Department Head or minimum 2 years as Housekeeping Manager.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of housekeeping operations, to include managing inventories, turndown service, special needs of VIP guests, room assignments, inspections, safety and health standards.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop, and motivate staff. Ability to effectively mentor key leadership positions, to include assistant managers and managers in training.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests
- Able to set priorities for the Housekeeping team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Prior experience managing schedules, payroll, service recovery and associate relations matters required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work well under pressure, managing quick turns and high occupancies.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide guest follow up in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 20-25 pounds intermittently, and occasionally 50 pounds. Ability to frequently reach overhead, bend and kneel.
- Ability to push and pull fully stocked housekeeping supply cart and other items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, including entire shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.
Browse similar jobs
- Customer Service
- Director of Housekeeping
- Omni Hotels
- Cleaning Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Organizational Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Food Service Jobs