You're like the firefighter of Engineering. You're always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong. You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You're alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, Interstate's Class II Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Class II Engineer, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that's critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Keep operations running smoothly in the absence of engineering staff.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is preferred. The ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry and repair work is expected. This position requires carrying a radio while on duty. You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner. This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds. Must be able to bend, stoop and climb. Must be able to work primarily mornings and mid-day shifts, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances, including stairs and indoor/outdoor climates. Must be able to work independently and multi-task.
Property: Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Hotel Brand/Office Type: Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Sarasota
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: 1110292