Culinary Team Lead/Lead Cook - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a CULINARY TEAM LEAD to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
The 10th on Vail Mountain is seeking a talented career oriented individual with creativity, a passion for food, and who is committed to delivering excellence at all times. This individual needs to possess leadership and managerial qualities; an ability to work unsupervised, and always has a sense of urgency. Applicants are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Individuals must be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Vail Mountain Dining, Environmental efforts, and Health and Safety. This position will have specific responsibilities within these areas and individuals are expected to understand them. Individuals will be responsible for food production, execution for lunch and après service, ordering of supplies, supervision of staff, performing of monthly inventories and occasional deputizing of Sous Chefs, Line Cooks and Dishwashers if need be.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall lunch & event/banquet services
- Liaise with Sous Chefs, Lead Warehouse Clerk and restaurant Managers daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring consistency in quality, taste and presentation.
- Create daily preparation lists, cleaning, opening and closing lists for the team.
- Produce and maintain all standard recipes and use records for restaurant service staff & kitchen personnel per Executive Chef’s specifications
- Demonstrates culinary excellence in all stations on the line
- Expedites food, solves problems as they arise, and approaches special requests with flexibility
- Applies a variety of culinary techniques and practices
- Maintains stock levels throughout day
- Responsible for training employees and coaching them to success
- Applies AAA and Forbes standards for quality product and execution
- Responsible for the oversight of an entire shift possibly in the absence of the Executive Chef/Sous Chef
- Expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads their team by example and motivates the team
- Is a role model and advocate for the company mission and core values
- Ensures staffing levels, grooming standards and guest service levels are executed at a high level
- Assigning team duties, breaks and adjusting as needed
- Communicates with team members in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Ensures all communication, standards, policies and expectations are communicated to their team and then executed flawlessly
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper labor management and cost control
- Ability to maintain the teams composure during peak operating periods
- Has a defined plan to complete company leadership training
- Communicates with warehouse to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, return to stocks, including variances, spoilage and excess inventories
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability of product or direction from Supervisor
- Has experience working with high end ingredients such as foie gras, lobster, elk, oysters, sweetbreads, sashimi
- Understands and can prepare foods in highly advanced preparations such as cryovac, anti-griddle, en papilliote methods, molecular gastronomy, use of thermal regulators and/or sous vide, sushi grade knife cuts, knowledge of bread and intermediate pastry baking Ensures all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained to the company’s, local health inspector’s food safety standards and HACCP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the company’s and health inspector’s food safety standards and HAACP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Three years minimum line cooking experience in a fine dining and high volume establishment. -required
- Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail. -required
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs. -required
- Ability to speak read and write in English. -required
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours. -required
- Must be 18 years of age or older. -required
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested. -required
- Formal Culinary Training. -preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or be able to attain) - required
- Progressive culinary experience working in a kitchen with an emphasis in fine dining and high volume. -preferred
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience. -preferred
Learn More About:
The 10th: http://www.the10thvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 143250
Browse similar jobs
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Culinary Team Lead Cook
- Vail Resorts
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Dish Washing Jobs
- Expediter Jobs
- Hire Vets Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Warehouse Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Warehouse Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Baked Goods Jobs
- Resort Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs