IT Support SpecialistPosition Summary:
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive technical support for store and home office operations, troubleshooting end user problem and following established polices/procedures and escalation processes.
* Respond to telephone calls, email, web based, and personnel requests for technical support.
* Track and monitor issues to insure a timely resolution.
* Escalate tickets in the current call-tracking database (when problem lies outside of level 1 responsibility)
* Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
* Identify and resolve:
* Basic terminal and printer setup issues and problems.
* Data communication problems.
* Internet connectivity problems.
* E-mail problems.
* Basic POS related issues such as associate file maintenance, re-direction of printers, terminal/register assignments, etc.
* Basic office tool usage and problems
* Security and access setup issues
* Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* Check the emergency and non-emergency voicemail boxes daily and open tickets, as appropriate.
* Respond to and log in the current call-tracking database and request for services both during office hours and after hours
* Troubleshoot telephone issues, both in-house and at the restaurant level, using the appropriate documentation.
* Perform the polling duties with the end result of having the warehouse loaded 100%, when scheduled.
* Re-send and update any unfinished update jobs sent to any restaurants.
* Recognize and report any unfinished update jobs sent to any restaurants.
* Monitoring software.
* Modify network user accounts and group memberships.
* Change user passwords as required.
* Support store POS conversions and rollouts and participate in testing efforts.
* Street Files / Inventory Updates
* Prepare and maintain system support documentation both procedural and trouble shooting.
* Participate in, and conduct technical training programs and desktop applications as needed.
* Maintain up to date technical skills appropriate for focused areas (Level2) development
The following education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) are required to perform in this role:
* Associate-level degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related fields or equivalent experience
* Appropriate professional certifications are preferred, but not required
* Certified or formal training in key technologies as Level 2 expert
* Basic knowledge of physical network connectivity
* Basic knowledge of Linux and other operating systems
* Strong knowledge of Incident management process and tools logging problem/resolution activities
* Knowledge of database concepts
* Basic knowledge of monitoring tools; What'sUp Gold
* Hands on experience with Point of Sale systems (hardware & software)
* Web technologies
* Must have excellent problem solving abilities, oral and written communication skills; as well as, organizational and customer service skills
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a Help Desk environment is required (including ticketing systems).
* This position will work in a temperature controlled office setting.