The spa provides exceptional experiences for its customers through massage therapy, couples massages, and esthetics (facials). In total, the spa has over 80 different treatments to choose from, all provided in a unique and relaxing Hawaiian atmosphere.
The spa focuses on taking care of its ohana (literally means family, we use it for employees), so that they can take care of the customers.
Two core tenants of the spa’s vision are to:
1. Restore trust between the employee and the employer
2. Demonstrate to customers that there are still brands out there that can be depended upon to deliver exceptional service, and stand behind what they do.
Are you the type of person who always like to be busy? If that the case, then this job may be right for you. Try not to read too much into the title, "Spa Attendant". In this positions, you basically do everything required to run the spa.
While this is a hard job, you are working in a positive environment for a company that truly values you. You spend a lot of time at work, so it is essential to be somewhere that you enjoy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sell memberships
- Obsessively keep the spa clean
- Book appointments
- Check out guests
- Do everything necessary to ensure the customer has the best experience possible, each and every time
- A typical day: you will do things like:, get files and schedules ready for therapists; professionally answer the phone; check-in clients; check-out clients; sell memberships; fold laundry; help a massage therapist setup for an appointment; setup a locker for a client; etc. It is a lot of work, but for people who like to multi-task and do not mind hustling, it is a great job.
- Your importance: You are the face of the spa and are often the first person that customers have an interaction with at the spa. You are also the person that holds the spa together and keeps it in tip top shape, while also getting clients to rebook appointments or sign up for our membership. You play a pivotal role in the success of the spa.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability and desire to multi-task
- Desire to work hard (seriously)
- Desire to sell memberships
- Overtly positive attitude and friendly personality
- Attentive to details
- Ability to learn both hard and soft skills
This position is perfect for intelligent, perfectionists, who only know how to work hard.
Benefits and Perks
- 1 week paid vacation for each year that you work at the spa (up to 5 weeks total)
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance with employer contributions
- Employer Sponsored IRA with matching
- 35% discount on products
- Employee massages, facials and body treatments for only $15 per hour
- Free use of the sauna and steam room
- You may provide free treatments to your family
- Relaxed dress code and the freedom to be unique (i.e., piercings, tattoos, pink hair, are all great!)
Training in all aspects of running a busy day spa