Job Summary: To clean rooms and halls in hotel performing any combination of the following duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Makes beds.
- Replenishes supplies, such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaner.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceilings, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Abides by the regulations set forth by the material safety data sheets when using chemicals.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
- Team Up, Own It and Passionately Serve!
- Team Up: Be Golden, Collaborate and Help Others Succeed.
- Own It: Be a role model, Embrace Responsibility and Keep Learning.
- Passionately Serve: Be Positive, Care Deeply and Create Memories.
- Recognize your co-workers with a Shout Out when they Team Up, Own it or Passionately Serve.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all times.
- Understand that you represent and reflect Shamin Hotels TOP Culture while at your hotel.
Education & Experience:
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper preferred.
- Customer Service Skills required.
- Prioritization and time management skills required.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
- Attention to Detail skills required.
- Basic Knowledge of the English Language.
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning products, implements and practices.
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable mode of transportation required.
- High school diploma or GED certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand or walk for long periods of time including for an entire work shift (8+ hours)
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion with help.
- Reach and extend arms above and below the waist frequently.
- Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist and climb frequently and stand on ladder occasionally
- Exposure to harmful chemicals, odors and potentially infectious materials.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes while resolving them even if the situation did not begin with them.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be respectful and maintain a calm demeanor.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
- Must be able to work with a myriad of personalities and levels within the hotel and outside sources
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for this type of position.