Teaching Assistant, Children's Ski & Ride School - Kirkwood Mountain Resort - Winter Seasonal
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Teaching assistant position provides services for children between 3 yrs – 12 years of age at the Kids Ski and Ride School. General tasks may include set up of fencing and outdoor teaching areas, booting & transporting of equipment and kids, hosting & organizing children prior to lesson, engaging kids with games and activities, serving & prepping food and assisting during lunch periods, assisting kids onto lifts, and general aid before and after lessons. This position works both indoors and outdoors supporting various kids classes and instructors. This is a great opportunity for appropriate individuals to start to train towards teaching skiing and riding as a career.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Set up and take down of teaching kids areas to include; fencing, flags and necessary props
- Assist with the rental shop process when needed and transportation of gear to the lesson area
- Support instructors with classes and provide support to those children in need of additional attention
- Organize and keep the work environment and Kids Ski & Ride School area neat and tidy
- Assist with the operations of the Kid’s “magic carpets” helping kids to load and unload safely
- Assist with escorting children to the bathroom and general needs prior to and after the lesson
- Snow removal of walkways and entrances for the safety of our guests and staff
- Chair riding support to kids in group lessons according to company policies
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 25lbs or more.
- Must be comfortable with parent/client communication; providing information about lessons, general resort information, kids report cards, etc.
- Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors
- Fluent in all aspects of the English language
- Passing a background check and a Fit to Ride fitness assessment
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Prior experience working in a daycare or another children’s type field
- Ability to speak a second language; Spanish preferred
- Previous work in a team environment
- Knowledge of resort and local area
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country.
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 142649