At a glance
Manager of Food Preparation
● Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
● Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
● Perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
● Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
● Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
● Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
● Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and report shortages to designated personnel.
● Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
● Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
● Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.