Besh Steakhouse Cook IJOB SUMMARY:
The Cook I will be responsible for preparing and producing menu items to recipe standards in a quick and efficient manner. Assist Chef on duty in setting up food outlet line and maintaining kitchen areas. Prepares and produces food items to be utilized in production and pantry areas. Maintain assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition which includes common areas such as walk in coolers and freezers. All cooks in the kitchens are expected to work together and assist each other as needed with business rushes or demands. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepares all items according to recipe standards.
* Maintains required stock levels in various restaurants.
* Relieves the line cooks as needed.
* Makes recommendations in the ordering of supplies.
* Prepares items such as but not limited to soups, fruits, proteins, vegetables, garnishes and salads.
* Maintains assigned station and equipment in a clean sanitary condition.
* Prepares and produces food items to be utilized in production and pantry areas.
* Prepare items such as but not limited to salads, appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, breakfast items and desserts. (soups, fruits, proteins, vegetables, garnishes)
* Able to grill, cook, and fry foods that require only a short preparation time.
* Ensures each order sent out is consistent with recipe specifications.
* Controls food production to include: proper cooking methods, cooking time and temperature, insuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared foods and leftovers.
* Must be able to adapt to fast paced and changing work environment without losing focus on job demands.
* Maintains assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition while maintaining a safe working environment.
* Filters Deep fryers if needed and directed by Sous Chefs.
* Continues to show positive attitude with team members to learn and be taught new cooking skills and kitchen operation technique
* Knows and follows all established sanitation policies as dictated by the written sanitation guidelines.
* Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
* Demonstrates Harrah's Spotlight 4 service standards: Initiates Friendly Greeting, Smiles and Makes Eye Contact, Demonstrates Upbeat and Positive Attitude, Checks for Satisfaction, Provides a Warm Farewell.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 6 months to 1 year experience in making salads and salad preparation.
* 6 months to 2 years previous experience as a Cook (Short Order/Pantry Cook) is preferred.
* Familiar with many phases of food preparation techniques
* Familiar with many phases of food preparation techniques.
* Must be able to provide own tools.
* Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment
* Must be able to work any shift to support business levels.
* Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
* Mobility and dexterity to move large, heavy objects up to 100 pounds.
* Manual dexterity to include using kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc and handling of food items.
* Must be able to work inside a kitchen and on a line during the entire shift
* Must be able tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures
* Must stand for long periods of time and work throughout entire shift.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area
* Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers, and other utensils in preparing food orders
* Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
* Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and be able to conduct conversations with peers in a distinctive and persuasive manner.
Harrah's reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
As part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
* Prior Employment Verification
* Education Verification
* Social Security Trace
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen
* Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
For a listing of all opportunities at Caesars Entertainment, please go to http://harrahs.hodesiq.com/harrahsiq/Link_nav/job-careers.asp -
Caesars Entertainment Supports Workforce Diversity
Browse similar jobs
- New Orleans
- Besh Steakhouse Cook
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Machine Maintenance Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs