Production (2nd Shift)
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Operate equipment and perform manual tasks needed to produce and package high quality dessert products consistent with Legendary Baking quality standards; assist in set-up, changeover and cleanup of production lines and work areas.
While there are a variety of duties associated with this position, the Crew Member would normally be performing only one job duty at a time. They would complete his/her task and then rotate into another job duty.
- Work all line/departmental functions as assigned, rotating job duties.
- Making dough and fillings; Must be able to use scales to weigh ingredients.
- Producing hot food items and bases; includes putting food items into containers. Work independently with little supervision. Must be able to work well with a group.
- CLEAN UP OF AREA: See that equipment is clean. Submerge hands in hot water and detergent.
- Scale products to standard as documented on the production order.
- Assist in set-up and changeover of production lines according to Shift Lead’s instructions.
- Move and load product on racks, tubs, and transits.
- Produce/Package products per production order guidelines. While loading pies into transits, maintain accurate counts of line production.
- Minimize scrap waste during production runs.
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Accountable for understanding Legendary Baking Vision, uses guidelines of Legendary Baking’s Values and Culture while working.
- Responsible for meeting the goals and objectives established by your Shift Lead and Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for monitoring and following all food safety and quality procedures outlined in SQF and QCCP requirements.
- Operate equipment in work area, following proper procedures, with special emphasis on safety; utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the position and practice safe lifting techniques.
- Follow all established departmental/company rules and regulations, including but not limited to work, safety, house keeping, uniform, and security rules. Responsible to follow security protocol and report any suspicious activity and/or security violations.
In the event of an open position, the responsibility of Production/Packaging will be assumed by the Production/Packaging Lead.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ( PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ):
While there are a variety of job duties associated with this position, those in Production/ Packaging would normally be performing one job duty at a time that could require the following:
- Standing 70%, walking 20%, stooping/bending 10%.
- Reach at times above shoulder/below knee level
- Lift/ Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing up to 400 lbs. on wheels.
- Must be able to work in a -10 to 100 degrees area for short periods of time.
- Must be able to handled/touch frozen products.
- Good hand grasping and fingering skills.
- Complete SQF and QCCP certification.
- Fulfill your scheduled hours with reasonable consistency as outlined in the attendance policy.
- Must have strong hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions in English.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. routinely.
- Ability to stand up to 8-hours minimum and 12-hours maximum.
- Ability to work well with people, be polite and be team work oriented.
- Must have organizational skills.
- Ability to work at a reasonable pace as instructed by your lead or manager.
- Ability to read and understand paperwork for your designated area.