|Job type||Full-time, Part-time|
Ready for a sweet career? Join our team at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery and you’ll discover just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
We are currently hiring for Host/Hostess - Cashier.
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper AND CLEAN uniform and practices
- good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with MOD and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Operating cash register
- Communicating with guests
- Escort guests to table
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Continual standing
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work under heavy stress/pressure during busy times
- Using telephone
- Vacuuming (push/pull motion)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED: Basic math skills. Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.