- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Sahara Sam’s Oasis Indoor & Outdoor Water Park a leader in year around family entertainment is currently seeking a skilled and well qualified year round full time Aquatics Director with proven management experience in the Amusement and Entertainment Industry focusing all aspects of Aquatics Operation and delegation of authority.
The ideal applicant must have excellent guest service skills with experience directing a large staff, solving issues, guest relations, cooperation and integration with senior management and all other inter related departments. Applicant must be self-motivated, a self-starter and prepared to produce results.
Weekend employment is a requirement for this opportunity with alternate days on and off
- Manage the daily operations of the entire facility in cooperation with General Manager and Operations Director which includes Staffing, opening and closing procedures, employee retention, staffing schedules, and coordination of all activities
- Review and approve financial documents for accuracy including purchase orders, invoices, expense reports and petty cash transactions
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, coach and discipline staff
- Maintain adequate, trained and motivated staff
- Oversee general maintenance of facility and equipment
- Attends weekly operating meetings with all managers
- Schedules staff and assigns duties
- Trains and instructs staff on the different processes, procedures
- Maintain all logs, files, reports, communications and electronic data relating to water quality inspections, accidents, employee warnings, maintenance reports and any other general daily reports.
- Perform all aquatic training under the Ellis and Associates program, successfully master the program, implement to all lifeguards and support staff, and insure strict compliance to program standards.
- Oversight for all cleanliness of entire facility including restrooms, maintenance rooms, and storage rooms.
- Adhere to NJ Department of Community Affairs Carnival Ride Safety and Camden County Board of Health.
- Ability to build, motivate and supervise a strong team of employees
- Ability to accomplish objectives through others (leadership)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of budgeting and financial accounting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Available nights, weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Amusement and Family Entertainment Center experience preferred
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Certified Pool Operator (or)
- Aquatic Facility Operator
- Jeff Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Instructor (or ability to successfully pass within 90 days of employment)
- Jeff Ellis & Associates Lifeguarding, CPR, AED, O2 (Or equivalent)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty
- Able to lift and drag up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Outdoor environmental conditions