At a glance
This is an hourly, non-exempt position used to provide assistance to the management team.
Ideally this is part of the Team Member Career Adventure to become an Internal Promote
Candidate. The Shift Leader supports Management Team efforts to maximize sales and profits
and minimize controllable costs by effectively directing and supervising work shift activities.
Makes sound business decisions quickly to ensure guests receive service beyond their
expectations. Shift Leaders are not allowed to have
should be issued on a shift by shift basis.
Criteria to become a shift leader:
- Approved by the District Manager and the Vice President of Operations
- Employee in good standing
- No negative write ups
- Perfect image and attendance
- Positive attitude, engaging with our guests and a team leader
- Certified trainer
- All Shift Leader candidates must have a background check and social security check completed prior to working any Shift Leader shifts
- Models and encourages Pieology values and has a deep appreciation and joy of working with people.
- Consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction via high energy, and sets an example of guest engagement by building lasting relationships.
- Is of high integrity and treats all employees with honesty, respect, and dignity.
- Establishes an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication; and provides a communication process that works up, down, and across the organization.
- Effectively plans, organizes and implements all daily operational routines and activities; completes all required administrative duties and daily paperwork.
- Able to supervise and perform closing and/or opening duties, as directed by Restaurant Management Team.
- Assign work to be done at the direction of the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Supports the goals, decisions and directives of Restaurant Management.
- Follows all POS comp procedures and cash handling procedures.
- Cannot conduct EE interviews
- Cannot discipline EE’s
- Resolve all restaurant level guest questions, complaints, and problems in a timely and efficient manner with management involvement.
- Use common sense when making critical decisions. Contact management if assistance is required or inform management as soon as possible when decisions have been made.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional and ethical behavior, at all times, when interacting with guests, employees, and managers
- Delegate shift responsibilities to employees and ensure proper completion of assigned tasks and checklists. Sets high goals for team members and drives results.
- Ensure that standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained al all times.
- Follow all procedures and polices to ensure the safety of all employees and guests.
- Interact with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Provide prompt feedback to employees to recognize them for jobs well done.
- Communicate and correct employees when not following company standards or procedures.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including opening and closing shifts
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and analytical skills required.
- Must have successfully completed the entire Team Member Training Program
- Ability to get results through others
- Ability to train employees to meet and or exceed company standards
- Team building and leadership skills
- Ability to trouble shoot cash handling issues; excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to view the restaurant operations from a guests perspective
- Must be able to coordinate multiple projects and maintain required standards simultaneously
Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities. Must be able to draw on operations experience and knowledge of
Pieology procedures to recommend appropriate solutions to all guest, food and beverage
situations. Judgment demonstrated must never compromise Pieology standards, repeat business
or integrity of the brand.
Must be available to work a variety of opens and closes including weekends and holidays.
Closing shifts may require Team Members to stay as late as one hour or more after store closing.
Age is dependent on state law, company policy and position held. Team Members must have
reliable transportation to work and reliable method of communicating with the restaurant.
Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 40-50 lbs. comfortably. Must be able to stand for
long periods of time, bend, and stoop and work long hours. Vision abilities to include: distance,
close, color, depth, peripheral as well as the ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a computer
and other productivity tools such as: calculator, copy machine and computer printer, cash register.
Must be able to work around heat and work in close quarters as well as with various cleaning
Language, math and reasoning skills
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees and managers. Ability to read
and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same. Ability to add, subtract,
multiply and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written or oral form. Ability to perform office computer functions (Point of Sales
etc) on a daily basis. Ability to understand policies and procedures and to adhere and enforce the
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job
functions, please notify us.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job
under the described conditions.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- City of Industry
- Food & Restaurant
- Shift Leader
- Analytical Jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Closer Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Opener Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs