Hilton Worldwide offers a variety of global opportunities within our portfolio of world renowned brands. With more than 3,200 hotels in 77 countries, our Team Members are committed to delivering our brand promises to our customers. At Hilton, you’ll discover hospitality jobs whether you are a first time applicant or a career professional.
To maintain the condition of all hotel linen in accordance with the standards of the hotel and company through efficient cleaning and processing. Responsible for the usage and organization of supplies. Understands and implements the Pledge (Mission), Values and culture at all time.
- 1+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent of same
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other supplies.
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Follow laundry procedures in the company
- Maintain Guest Privacy
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply to all standards.
- Communicate with guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member
- Receive, sort soiled linens and terry.
- Maintain records of damaged or stained linen and terry.
- Operate washers and dryers as manufacturer intended to include: cleaning lint traps, wiping outside of machines, requesting maintenance assistance for repairs, loading to recommended weights, etc.
- Informs supervisor or management of any mechanical failures or supply shortages, so corrective action can be implemented
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines when handling hazardous liquids, chemicals, stains, etc
- Fold clean terry and linen followed by stocking shelves and storage rooms.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
The next step for this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may qualify to be promoted to a Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper.