Supervisor - POS Application Engineering * The Wendy's Company, Dublin, OH
The Supervisor - POS is an experienced technician within the Wendy's IT team and is responsible for supporting, installing, monitoring, enhancing and designing application software within the Aloha POS environment. This role will supervise a small team and will work closely with the Group Manager - POS to collaborate with, coach and guide third party vendors used by Wendy's. This role will also oversee and ensure the investigation and root cause analysis of application software faults and will oversee and track issue escalation to internal and external subject matter experts as appropriate.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- With the guidance of the Group Manager - POS, participates in design and implementation of systems/services which ensures high system availability and maximizes usage of all Information Technology resources.
- Participates in development of standard processes for systems/service implementation and maintenance, which minimize the impact on customer service and provide adequate backup/recovery capability. Ensures timely delivery of new capabilities.
- Leads in the development of processes for problem determination which ensures maximum systems/services availability and enhances the productivity of staff members. Leads in development of processes for monitoring performance of installed systems or services and takes corrective actions when necessary. Generates management reports as required.
- Assists in the development and utilization of change management standards and processes which ensures maximum customer service and enhances the productivity of staff members.
- An expert for other IT staff members in the usage of all systems under Aloha POS.
- With the guidance of the Group Manager - POS, works with and guides third party vendors to ensure their systems meet SLA agreements.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of a small team of Aloha analysts and/or engineers
- Delivers enterprise solutions for complex issues for all systems under Aloha POS.
This position will be based at The Wendy's Company headquarters in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus, OH. The Wendy's Company is the world's second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide.
Not familiar with Columbus? Visitwww.liveworkplaycolumbus.com
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- Related experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an application engineer role. Minimum of 4 years' experience in NCR Aloha Systems including but not limited to CFC, CMC, Pulse, and Insight.
- Expert knowledge of information technology functions, processes, operations, configurations, project management methodology, systems testing and design.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of Windows OS, Windows Command Line, Windows Services, Windows Tasks, Windows Event/Log, Windows Registry, Batch Files, Command Files, Databases, SQL, Web Browsers and Internet Protocols.
Wendy's is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please note that the Wendy's Company does not accept unsolicited résumé's from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit résumé's to an approved requisition, the Wendy's company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.