|Job type||Full-time, Part-time|
Apothecary Department Head
The Apothecary Department Head provides a delightful customer experience while maintaining a welcoming, well merchandised department. This person supports the store operations and embodies the spirit of servant leadership. The ADH interacts with customers, vendors, and KWF Team Members in a positive and authentic manner. The Apothecary DH assists customers with wellness products with authenticity and compassion in compliance with DSHEA regulations. This person follows the leadership of the Store Manager.
KWF Team Members embrace KWF culture and can speak to our history and mission. The Apothecary Department Head knows how to get the job done with a smile while managing the energy and mood of themselves and their team.
KWF Team Members Are:
DAILY OPERATIONS: The Apothecary Department Head’s primary responsibility is to execute the following:
• Provides exceptional customer service to all.
• Acts as a community resource; honestly and respectfully assisting customers with wellness products in compliance with DSHEA law.
• Follows the current KWF ordering SOP to maintain fully stocked shelves in all departments including supplements, body care, gifts, cards, and magazines.
• Understands and performs KWF inventory management functions.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date product signage throughout the entire department.
• Works in cooperation with Store Manager & Category Manager to closely maintain all elements of department sales performance.
TEAM & LEADERSHIP
• Participates in the hiring, evaluation, training, coaching and development of staff members in collaboration with the SM.
• Supports store experience by upholding KWF Guidelines for staff appearance, energy, quality and cleanliness.
• Participates in scheduled management and departmental meetings to ensure core operational functions are followed.
• Servant leader; fostering team development and cohesion through service to each other.
• Background in natural wellness including knowledge of supplements and holistic body care.
• Good communication skills: oral and written
• Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities
• Motivated to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Thrives in leading a team in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to be on your feet for an extended period of time
• Have excellent time management skills
• Must be 18 years or older
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week nonexempt status with flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
* Full Sense Range (Vision, Hearing, and Sense of Smell) - the ability to read product labels, distinguish color and smell for quality control as well as the ability to communicate with customers and co-workers.
* Lifting, Gripping and Carrying Objects - Up to 50 to 75 pounds frequently, including boxes, cans, tools, and other products.
* Stooping, Squatting, and Kneeling - Stoop and maneuver to pick up boxes from shelving and carts.
* Walking - Short distances to bring items from miscellaneous areas.
* Standing - Prolonged standing.
* Work Environment - Movement based with the majority of time being in motion (walking/standing) rather than sedentary (sitting).
* Climate - Ability to work in cold environments (cooler, freezer, back stock area) and handle cold products for extended periods of time on a regular basis.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer a robust benefits package to our full time staff.
* Medical and dental insurance options.
* Store discount
* 401 (K) with matching funds after one year of service
* Paid Time Off
* Short term and Long term disability
Please Note: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements