At Nathan's Famous the individual working in the kitchen is there to provide support to the activity occurring in the cooking and service areas of restaurant. The kitchen staff are responsible for the preparation of vegetables, preparing food items for front line use, filling and stocking the rear and front lines, the cooking and refilling of toppings as well as other miscellaneous food items unique to the Coney Island location. It is required that the kitchen stay clean and organized maintaining a high level of sanitation at all times. All food and supplies must be dated and rotated using a First In First Out technique.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain procedure for storage and usage using day dot method.
- Ability to wash, cut, chop and package meat, fish, vegetables and condiments. (Cannot be allergic to seafood.)
- Knowledge of workplace safety and sanitation. Possess knowledge of how to use kitchen tools properly such as knives, slicers, and choppers.
- Inform managers when equipment is not working properly and food does not appear to be fresh
- Confirm with manager how much product is to be produced before you begin production.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen/area at all times using the correct cleaning and sanitizing chemicals and the proper use of the three compartment sink.
- Manage distribution of food and supplies from refrigeration and storage areas to front line.
- Knowledgeable in food preparation procedures, temperature requirements, and equipment as per specification manual.
- Flexibility is important. Every day has different assignment in the kitchen.
- Energetic and able to move in fast pace environment.
- Attention to detail and product quality.
- Able to work in high volume and physically demanding environment.
- Hand and eye coordination to use knives and equipment in a safe and productive manner
- Team player
- Must be able to read and write English clearly.
- Must be able to work all holidays
- Able to stand for long periods of time; always cleaning.
- Perform general physical activities such as cleaning, loading and unloading; stacking and lifting product. (Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.)
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
1 Free meal for each shift you work.
25% off discount cards for Friends and Family
1 week paid vacations after one year
5 Paid sick days
Browse similar jobs (533)
Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Baldwin, New York 11590
Valley Stream, New York 11581