At a glance
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Medical Assistant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Medical Assistant. Front and back office
Full-time with benefits. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
MAs and LPNs will be considered for this Medical Assistant position in a Specialist office.
This is an opportunity to work in a warm and wonderful environment where patients have commented that they feel peace and comfort the moment that they step into our beautiful facility. This is a Christian practice run by a Catholic (Secular Franciscan) couple. We provide an environment where the body is treated and the spirit is acknowledged. In our lovely facility you will find a prayer chapel off the downstairs lobby, scripture displayed, a prayer intention journal and a spiritual lending library.
Our Medical Director and lead physician, Frank Averill, MD, trained at Johns Hopkins and the Cleveland Clinic. He is board certified in 4 medical specialties and is listed among the best doctors in the United States.
Among other awards, our C.E.O., Rose Averill, was honored by being named the 2014 Tampa Bay Health and Wellness Business Woman of the Year by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and the 2010 Volunteer Hero of the Year by Bay News Nine.
Our work place was awarded one of the healthiest workplaces in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. We are a non-smoking facility. Learn more about us on the web at www.StFrancisMed.com
Job Summary: The ideal candidate would have experience in one of more of the medical fields that are encompassed in our practice and would embody our philosophy of "Giving of ourselves...so our patients receive...the best care."
- Assisting physician, PAs and NPs with pulmonary, sleep, allergy pateints
- Assisting with wellness and weight loss patients
- Conducting EKGs
- Conducting 6 minute walks
- Conducting spirometries
- Giving shots, including allergy shots
- Mixing allergy serums, allergy testing
- Obtaining records and authorizations
- Phone work, filing, computer work (EMR)
- Assisting in clinical research
- Rotation schedule (rotation starts once trained in all positions)
- front desk: check in and check out positions
- back office: rooming patients, allergy room, back desk
Requirements Education and Experience:
- Current State Nursing License or Certificate of Completion of accredited MA Program
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required
- 1+ year of Medical experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and dependable
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Ability to treat public and assist ill, older, or distraught patients
- Strong Computer Skills and familiar with EMRs
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Excellent Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Employer funded 401K
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Discounted exercise center membership
- Flex Saving plans for health or childcare
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extensive Employee discount program (including personal cellular phone service, restaurants and more)