Performs professional nail, hand and foot treatments.Must possess a thorough knowledge of the
nails, including a basic knowledge of hand and foot massage techniques and a neat application of polish.Must
possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and be willing to train with the spa’s specific nail service
protocols.Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service
knowledge necessary to effectively provide beauty solutions to meet the needs of the guests.Must maintain
and hold a current Manicurist or Cosmetology state license.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively
execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Receive guests on time for their service in a courteous, professional and polite manner.
- Provide consistent professional nail, hand, and foot treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Accurately perform nail, hand, and foot services as booked by the guest.Inform the Spa Front Desk if a service is changed to a different service.
- Effectively inform and educate guests about specific wellness concerns and contraindications.
- Properly open and close each shift according to Standard Operating Procedures and Spa protocols.
- Properly care for equipment, using proper sanitation and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Work with the other departments to ensure a high level of guest service.
- Provide accurate and detailed descriptions of spa treatments, packages, services, treatment contraindications, facility features and hours of operation.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and IHS according to the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Company’s property, as well as special events on and near property, in order to advise guest of the same, whenever possible.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Responds to guest requests, complaints or inquiries professionally, courteously and promptly reporting to a supervisor if needed.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Operates the computer software system accurately and efficiently to view appointment information.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute to a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of the spa operation, including locker room and fitness center as needed, as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote home care programs, meeting retail sales goals.
THE COMPANY REQUIRES EVERY ASSOCIATE TO:
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or ability to pass our Basic Skills Assessment.
- Previous spa or salon experience preferred.
- Or successful completion of a related company approved development placement program.
- Must have a current State of Minnesota Cosmetology License or a current State of Minnesota Manicurist License.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to participate in Spa/Salon trainings provided.
- Must be able to demonstrate all aspects of hospitality, professionalism, prompt and courteous service, positive demeanor in stressful situations, and attention to detail at all time.
- Ability to be efficient, productive, and maintain an on time schedule of appointments.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be a team player helping fellow associates out when needed.
- Must be able to pass company preͲemployment Drug and Alcohol test.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Responsible for following all relevant DGR’s.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in oneͲonͲone, small group situations, and to moderate-sized gatherings of associates, executives and/or community leaders.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations, in order to collect data, analyze facts, and determine appropriate response.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to:
- Talk and hear;
- See and adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Handle objects, tools, and controls; reach with arms and hands.
- Lift and/or move objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to:
- A low to moderate noise level (offices).
- A moderate to loud noise level (public areas).
- Second hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
Browse similar jobs
- Personal Care & Services
- Grand Casino
- Clerical Jobs
- Beauty Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Desk Agent Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Retail Jobs