Assistant Store Manager
- Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of store paperwork
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment
- Assist with management of store staff
We believe great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. The Assistant Store Manager training program teaches you the retail business using our state-of-the-art Retail Information System and Career Path training through classroom, hands-on and Computer Based Training.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
7-Eleven store located at 10207 LakeCreek Parkway now interviewing for Assistant Store Manager with a minimum of 2 years of convenience store experience.
You will be responsible for employee training and discipline, make sure the store is stocked, clean and in proper working order, drive sales and coordinate with and report to senior management in the company.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT
- > Leadership Skills : You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees. A successful store manager is a good leader.
- > Time Management : You will be working with employees, customers and management. You might have to create schedules, order supplies and write reports. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- > Math and Budgeting : Management are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.
- > Analytical Skills : Management will be in charge of screening new employees, and being a good judge of character to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday.
- > Decision-Making Skills : The buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
- > Speaking and Writing : Store Management do a lot of communicating. This might be one-on-one to a customer, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reasons for termination. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios.
> Customer Service Skills : Customers are going to ask to speak to the management. How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help you solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty.