At a glance
The host position is usually the “face” of the restaurant and is a vital part of establishing a positive guest bond with new and returning guests. A welcoming smile, a sincere greeting and a calm professional personality will be instrumental in setting the guest expectations for each visit.
- Greet and seat guests.
- Maintain an awareness of floor operations and estimate table progression to provide accurate waiting times.
- Maintain an accurate and fair seating system.
- Communicate specific guest requirements to managers or other personnel as needed.
- Answer telephone calls; provide required information to callers, forward calls to appropriate recipients.
- Be able to answer typical questions such as menu item descriptions, price ranges, history, names of personnel, directions, hours etc.
- Thank departing guests for their patronage.
RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
POS Payroll Procedures
- Other duties include assigned side works which includes, but is not limited to:
- Cleaning glass and other surfaces
- Stocking of station with menus, mints, crayons, business cards, etc.,
- Circulating among guests
- Gathering feedback
- Assisting with to go orders and participating in other restaurant activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ALL EMPLOYEES)
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to multi task, grace under pressure, the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the telephone. Chosen employees will be team players and possess the ability to work well with others.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Telephones & Paging system (if at location)
- POS time and tip procedures
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Indoor and outdoor areas with exposure to the outdoor elements at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the Restaurant and is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
An Equal Opportunity Employer