Director Entry Level
We have a full-time opening for a Director Entry Level.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
At Chick-fil-A at University Avenue, the Director role is more than just a job, it's an opportunity. In addition to working directly for an independent Operator, Directors will gain leadership experience & development that goes far beyond just managing a great team in a friendly environment.
The Directors are responsible for observation of processes throughout all aspects of the store including: food preparation, customer service, food production, catering, store cleanliness, equipment maintenance, team member coaching, building maintenance, cash accountability, employee and customer safety, inventory control, labor scheduling and management, data analysis, forecasting and other tasks such as the operator assigns to him/her. The Director is responsible for delegating, in all or part, these tasks and responsibilities to other members of the management and leadership of the store, and for training other members of the management and leadership to excel in these areas of responsibilities.
The Director is responsible for knowing and practicing the “Standards” of Chick-fil-A consistently. He/she is primarily responsible for setting a good example for team members and managers by always following the standards him/herself. Secondarily, the Director should serve as an example to store leadership with his/her awareness when the standard is not being practiced, followed closely by his/her willingness to correct any such occurrences. He/she is responsible for educating & coaching the store leadership when needed about the standards to ensure they are being followed.
The Director must also demonstrate passion toward implementing policies, providing necessary communication. They must combine critical thinking and practical leadership to create a culture of innovation, streamline processes, improve efficiency, & reduce costs. They must possess effective time management skills, the ability to prioritize, and follow-through to execute plans.
The progress & success of the Director's performance will be measured upon (but not limited to) the following:
- Overall satisfaction scores (CEM)
- ROE (Restaurant Operational Evaluation)
- Be “REMARK”able scores
- Food Cost
- Labor Cost
- Self-evaluations & reviews for discussion with the Operator
- Growth & Development of the team
- Directors must become highly skilled in each position in the store. He/she should be willing and able to fill in at any position should the position become vacant temporarily
- The Director will work at least forty to fifty hours/ week
- Must be able to manage forecasts and financial analysis for the restaurant & record daily sales & trends
- Must oversee the labor schedule on a weekly basis to ensure proper coverage & labor control
- Oversees inventory management & end of month processes
- Strategizes with the kitchen to monitor food cost & manage waste
- Collaborates with leadership using foresight to identify, design, & implement recruitment strategies that yield a diverse applicant pool for available positions & future growth; thereby filling the bench with “star” players & eliminating any gaps in labor needs
- Helps to drive financial performance & provides feedback to leadership & devises operational actions required to achieve financial targets
- Regularly meets with the Operator & Director team to deliver weekly reports, set goals, & evaluate operations
- Analyzes CEM scores on a regular basis & implements best practices where needed
- Implement eFSA, eRQA, SAFE Daily criticals
- Stays informed with news, trends & changes on @Chick-fil-A
- Maintain ServSafe & other necessary certifications
- Develop annual Personal Development Plan for review with the Operator
- Develop a weekly plan of admin time in the restaurant that will be submitted to the Operator for review
- Must plan to lead with an effective agenda at weekly Director & other leadership meetings
Other Qualifications include:
- Minimum Age 21+ years old
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- More than 4 years of management and/or leadership experience
- Strong track record of integrity & positive influence
- Must be able to work various shifts per week
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Management, Restaurant, Leadership: 4 years
- Inventory Control: 1 year
- Labor Control: 1 year
- Human Resources: 1 year
- Chick-fil-A Management Experience: 1 year
- Spanish knowledge will be beneficial
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver's License