Direct Support Professional
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Direct Support Professional.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
JOB SUMMARY: To deliver the highest quality in-home services to Developmentally disabled adults (consumers), appreciating the individuality of each consumer and his/her particular needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide direct, daily care to consumers, including dressing, bathing and toilet, when needed.
2. Assist/teach the consumers to develop a level of independence in activities of daily living skills (ADL's), such as personal hygiene, grooming and dressing, toilet training, appropriate eating habits, care of clothing, social interaction and community skills development.
3. Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping, including laundry, cleaning, vacuuming etc.
4. Report, via logs and charts, the daily progress of each consumer, pointing out any noteworthy behavior or conduct.
5. After training and certification, dispense medication, as needed, and take proper action in the event of a medical emergency.
6. Provide supplementary education and/or recreational and community inclusion instructions to consumers, either on a group or individual basis.
7. Attend in-service training sessions and all required meetings at the residence. Participate in training classes to obtain required certifications in CPR and First Aid, SCIP and Medication Administration (AMAP).
8. Responsible for preparing the dining area for breakfast and dinner, allowing the consumer to participate in this process with an appropriate level of guidance.
9. Responsible for transporting the consumers to and from various social, medical and cultural events.
10. Learn all emergency procedures regarding fire and emergency evacuations, poison control, medical emergencies and the like.
11. When necessary, do shopping for the consumers and the residence.
12. Other functions as deemed necessary by the agency Administration or Residence Manager.
Qualifications High School Diploma Valid Driver's License. Ability to respond to the needs of consumers in a friendly and nurturing way. Adequate physical strength required to help consumers get up after falling.
Location: Melville, NY; Patchogue, NY; Hampton Bays, NY; East Hampton, NY; W. Hampton Beach, NY Hours: Varied Shifts (Full and Part Time Shifts Available)