An alternative to fast food, Zaxby’s offers fresh, prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches and salads. The quick casual restaurant - based in Athens, Georgia - has boomed to more than 650 units in 16 Southeastern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia) and continues to grow throughout the country.
Zaxby’s most popular items are its fresh, hand-breaded Chicken Fingerz and Jumbo Buffalo Wings, smothered in a choice of sauces with names like Wimpy, Tongue Torch, Nuclear and Insane. The menu also offers innovative Zappetizers — Tater Chips (home-style potato chips) and made-from-scratch Spicy Fried Mushrooms.
Zaxby’s also offers five salads, or Zalads: The House, The Blue, The Caesar, and The Chicken Salad Zalad. All of Zaxby’s Zalads offer more chicken, unique ingredients, such as French-fried onions, fresh veggies and juicy tomatoes and are larger than most salads offered elsewhere. Each is prepared with chicken, three kinds of lettuce, and shredded or crumbled cheese. Zaxby’s also features a variety of Party Platterz perfect for any family gathering or special occasion.
The Assistant Manager reports directly to General Manager, receives direction from General Manager and Director of Operations, and assists in the direct supervision of 2-4 shift managers and 15-50 employees. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Increase sales by providing outstanding product and service.
- Work lunch, dinner and weekends, monitoring quality of food and service.
- Assist in providing Team Members and Shift Managers with the appropriate training.
- Purchase food, beverages and supplies as needed and oversee their preparation to ensure that every product served meets our high standards of product quality.
- Supervise and motivate Team Members and Shift Managers.
- Communicate openly and honestly with subordinates, superiors and all others about plans, progress and problems
- Provide leadership by keeping things fun and encouraging enthusiasm and a positive mental attitude and commitment toward Company objectives.
- Create an Encore work environment.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 1 yr. experience managing people in a restaurant environment.
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment.
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment.
Browse similar jobs
- Overland Park
- Food & Restaurant
- Assistant Manager
- Communication Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Hospitality Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Fast Casual Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs