Automotive technician, ASE Certified
We have a full-time opening for a Automotive technician.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 5 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Whitlow's Auto Repair is looking to hire 1 ASE certified (w/AC certification) Diagnostic technician.
Diagnostic/Service Technician Job Duties:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency, accuracy, and in accordance with MAP and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform approved repair.
- Communicate with Service Manager to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts, if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle and document additional safety or service work that is needed.
- Notify Service Manager immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Document all work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required, the customer vehicle is never used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend industry-sponsored training classes (4-6 per year).
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep bay area neat, clean, and be able to account for all shop-owned equipment at all times.
- Understand and follow Federal, State and Local regulations, regarding the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Work with safety in mind at all times.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Experience with all makes and models, including older vehicles. Advanced understanding of under hood, under chassis and mechanical assemblies.
- Professional hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes, preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission, alignment and diagnostics is required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, employees and management.
- Must have own tools and tool box(es).ASE certification or manufacturer training.
- A/C certification required.
- Diagnostic scanner required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
- Basic math skills.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing including background checks, MVR, drug test, and credit report.
- Compensation: depending on experience.
- 5+ years previous automotive experience preferred.