At a glance
Primary Objective of Position:
Ensures that the guest is greeted with a warm and friendly welcome. Ensures that guests’ order is taken in a friendly and timely manner. Ensures that guests’ receive their correct food and drink orders, answers inquires relative to items on menu, and otherwise attends to the needs of guests.
- Comes to work promptly and regularly and is flexible in hours of employment.
- Work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established time frames.
- Serves and creates a warm, fun atmosphere for guests and team members.
- Answers questions regarding food and drink items and their preparation.
- Greets newly seated guests’ in a friendly and timely manner.
- Takes drink orders at guest greeting, delivers beverages and offers appetizers. Takes entire order, repeats order to guest for clarification.
- Enters orders quickly and in proper sequence, using appropriate abbreviations and charges.
- Runs food for guests in their section, as well as for any other section in the restaurant.
- Checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Observe guests to respond to any additional needs.
- Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc.
- Presents check for payment and provides change or voucher within one minute of guests’ payment. Follows appropriate accounting procedures for closing checks or vouchers.
- Gives a warm farewell and invites guests to return.
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately.
- Attends shift meetings according to shift schedule.
- Adheres to company’s alcoholic beverages policies.
- Adheres to company’s sanitation procedures.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate to help keep high morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Portrays a favorable image of Chili’s Grill & Bar at all times.
- Works as a team player by assisting other team members with duties as necessary or when shift becomes unexpectedly busy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Guests’ orders are taken accurately and service is provided throughout their visit in a timely and friendly manner.
- Dressed in proper dress code requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Stands/walks 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
- Able to deliver plates, food & clear tables which may require lifting as much as 30lbs.
- Able to read menu items.
- Able to hear guests’ orders and needs.
- Able to verbalize menu items clearly to guests while taking their orders or responding to their requests.
- Able to read and write handwritten notes.
- Able to write or memorize guests’ orders.
- Able to use the computer to place orders.
- Able to accurately make cash or credit transactions and balance at end of shift.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know.