At a glance
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Server.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Power Plant Live! is Baltimore’s premier dining and entertainment destination located just one block form the world famous Inner Harbor. Apply today to be considered for unlimited opportunities within venues such as MEX, Leinenkugel’s Beer Garden, Luckie’s Tavern, PBR, Rock Bar, Mosaic and many more.
LIVE! is the premier dining and entertainment districts in the country with locations in Baltimore, MD, Kansas City, MO, St. Louis, MO, Philadelphia, PA, and Louisville, KY. Coming soon to Atlanta, GA, Norfolk, VA and Arlington, TX!
We are looking for an experienced and professional individual to help round out our team of experts as a Server, responsible for taking our guests' food and beverage orders and serving all orders to the guests in the restaurant and cocktail area in a timely matter.
Responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Serve cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sell when taking orders.
- Must be willing and able to show that you are energetic, outgoing, fun person while maintaining professionalism at all times. Must be willing to provide outstanding and professional service with a smile to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with co-workers and kitchen staff both verbally and utilizing the point of sales system.
- Communicate with guests clearly, patiently and with good humor.
- Must be well-versed in all concept products and menu items in order to guide the guest experience and sell food and beverage items.
- Consistently checks guests' identification to ensure they meet the minimum age requirements for consumption of alcohol beverages.
- Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guests should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests.
- Must be able to complete all side work assigned.
- Accurately account for all sales and payments from the guest.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Coordinate with bartenders and kitchen for ordering and receipt of food and beverages.
- At least 1 year of serving in a fast paced food and beverage venue, preferably nightclub environment. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English, other languages preferred.
- Must be courteous, pleasant, and good natured.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, bartender, wait staff, cooks, and supervisors.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc.).
- Must be able to efficiently and safely stand and move about the entire facility during each shift.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting.