Canine Camp Counselor/Play Yard Attendant
Full time/Part time Shifts 6:30am to 1:30pm and 1pm to 7:30pm
Must be able to work varying shift(s) per week and be available weekdays/weekends.
- no experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Background check required.
Camp Counselors support daily operations by overseeing the interactive behaviors of all day care and overnight campers. The incumbent will supervise and assess the behavior of multiple dogs and quickly resolve behavioral issues to ensure every dog's enjoyment and visit satisfaction. This position will also require frequent interaction with customers involving administrative procedures such as enrollment, evaluation interpretation, scheduling and providing details regarding services.
- Customer service skills - light telephone.
- High school degree or equivalent GED desired. (Jr Camp Counselor exemption)
- Specialized training involving the recognition and management of canine behaviors is preferred but not mandatory.
- Previous experience in a grooming or pet care facility demonstrating knowledge and ability to recognize, train and/or successfully address canine behaviors.
- Experience dealing with multiple dogs is strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate a sincere concern for the care of animals and their relationships with their owners.
- Comfortable around dogs of all size and temperament.
- Must have lots of love to give.
- Work schedule includes weekends, nights and holidays.
- Professional appearance: clean attire, friendly, mature and professional demeanor.
- PUNCTUALITY required.
- Above average PC and telephone skills.
- Excellent communication skills with customers as well as fellow employees.
- Multi-tasking abilities is a must and must be able to prioritize.
- STRONG organizational skills
- Previous veterinary experience preferred (Will consider non vet experience for that exceptional resume.)
- Must be able to work not only week days but weekends (at least one weekend per month) on a rotating schedule.
- Fast learner with lots of initiative
- A dynamic, friendly, high energy and motivated individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome all customers and campers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assist customers with questions.
- Regularly demonstrate sincere concern for the care, attitudes, and behaviors of pets and the relationships they have with their pet parents.
- Recognize and perform specific care needs as communicated by the pet guardian and in accordance with company policy and procedures, ensuring the safety of each pet. This includes taking and writing special requirements on Camp Cards for fellow Counselors adherence and edification.
- Follow correct closing procedures, i.e. perimeter doors locked, pups watered, computer monitors, Doggy-up monitor, fireplace, lighting, etc. turned off, music on, alarm activated and front door locked.
- Ensure all dogs belongings are returned to pet guardian at the end of each visit. This includes making sure that all pet belongings are cleaned (if needed) half day prior to pick-up
- Discuss behavior observations with pet parents at pick-up.
- Ensure Camp cleanliness at all times.
- Provide additional assistance as directed by Camp Management.
- Feeding, cleaning of Cabins, play areas, common space (including break and restrooms)
- Play Yard Monitoring, Cabin and Facility Maintenance.
- Conduct, interpret and communicate pet screening evaluations.
- Appropriately assign Campers to respective group based upon established guidelines
- Supervise dogs in play yards at all times.
- Dog Health Checks throughout the day and notify management/supervisors of any changes in health or appearance of the dogs in our care.
- Recognize and immediately address signs of aggression or other behavior issues.
- Ensure that morning and afternoon waste elimination, rest, and snack breaks are provided consistently.
- Know how and when to use animal restraint.
- Become fluent in animal play behavior and signs of aggression to include overall pet safety.
- Up-keep of yard areas (yes, that includes poop).
- Janitorial duties: taking out of garbage, sweeping, mopping, restocking supplies, overall kennel cleaning maintenance.
- Additional general duties and project work as needed.
- Administer of Pet medications
- Basic Dog grooming and nail trims
- Attend regularly scheduled and ongoing internal training classes as deemed necessary by CBW.
- Clean and stock restrooms, prep room and interview room.
- Accurate Data entry.
- Notify Camp Management of all safety related incidents or possible issues to include fellow employee recklessness or disregard for Camp and/or Camper safety.
- Notify Camp Management of all supply deficiencies or when levels fall to 25% of expected utilization.
- A formal quarterly counseling session will be conducted by management to review responsibilities and progress. Changes to these responsibilities will be reviewed and changed as appropriate that will be in a signed agreement of both parties if appropriate.
- Follow appropriate steps to meet different requirements and levels of the Camp Bow Wow Certified Camp Counselor Program.
- Wear appropriate uniform/attire. This includes closed toe shoes, pants, name tag, CBW provided shirts and apron. Apron contents include (but not limited to) pen, highlighter, note pad, permanent marker and two loop leashes.
- Treat others property with respect including items placed in common areas. Place name and dates on personal belongs and food items placed in common areas.
- When cleaning facility, clean up after yourself. This includes items at front counter, in operational rooms, play areas, bathrooms and break rooms.
- Your responsibilities will not only include those specifically listed above but also those that follow common sense, industry best-practices and standards, pet, Counselor client safety, implied and/or otherwise not specified in writing.
Browse similar jobs
- San Antonio
- Personal Care & Services
- Canine Camp Counselor Play Yard Attendant
- Camp Bow Wow
- Animals Jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Counseling Jobs
- Closer Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Facility Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Pet Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Part-Time Jobs
- Camp Jobs