Outdoor Education Instructor
We have a part-time opening for a Outdoor Education Instructor.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays and weekends.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Background check required.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
THE OUTDOOR SCHOOL IS THE VITAL LINK BETWEEN NATURE AND THE CLASSROOM! TOS is a residential outdoor education program that focuses on hands-on experiential educational and outdoor courses. Located on Lake LBJ in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country and the other location in the lush rolling hills of the Brazos Valley, both TOS locations are located within an hour or two of either Austin or Houston. The primary ages attending The Outdoor School are 4th - 9th grades. We emphasize environmental stewardship and experiential learning by placing children in a natural environment where they can learn, first-hand, about their vital relationship with that environment. Check out our website (www.outdoorschool.com) to download an application and for more information or call Maddie Burnside at 830-598-6282 ext. 221 (email: email@example.com).
Instructors are the heart of The Outdoor School. Our goal is to change children's lives for the better by increasing their self-worth and their ability to work together with others. As an instructor you will be working with children 5 days a week. Instructors will be teaching pre-approved curriculum, facilitating teambuilding and high ropes courses, and conducting evening activities. Three weeks of training provide the necessary knowledge in academics, ropes course, and any thing else you need to survive at The Outdoor School.
* You must simply LOVE KIDS.
* You must have a desire and ability to TEACH kids.
* You must have a desire and ability to work in the OUTDOORS (in all kinds of weather!)
* You must be SELF-MOTIVATED but also be able to accept SUPERVISION and GUIDANCE.
* You must be FLEXIBLE!
* You must be a person of EXCITEMENT, PATIENCE, FUN, STAMINA and possess an ability to LAUGH at yourself.
* You must have finished one year of college (or equivalent).
Pay & Perks
* $215/wk + Room and Partial board (meals provided when groups are here).
* Pro-deals (when available)
* Lifeguard, CPR/First Aid Training paid.
* Full use of camp (including washer/dryer, lounge with satellite T.V., DVD and kitchen and many, many fun toys) and the privilege of calling our beautiful plot of real estate your home.
* A central location to explore Texas's underused State and National Parks.
* Watching yourself grow as you help our program grow.