We have a full-time opening for a Electrical Engineer.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
Wage: Commensurate with experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance to project leads and engineers on projects.
• Act as project leader for a significant project workload, with responsibility for meeting the technical objectives of the project within the assigned budget, project reporting, and project closure.
• Maintain a proficient working knowledge of the codes and standards that apply to the engineer discipline, including NFPA Codes, the NEC Codes, the Ohio Basic Building Code, and knowledge of Article 500.
• Review scope and work with operations to develop work plan and start up plan.
• Ensure that projects can be supported after start-up.
• Review code and engineering standards related to project design requirements.
• Provide operations support for variable frequency drive and other process optimization.
• Work with production personnel to troubleshoot and resolve electrical equipment for process issues.
• Support acceptance testing and start-up of new processes and electrical equipment.
• Define specifications and controls for new electrical equipment.
• Create construction package for electrical construction.
• Develop purchasing packages for various electrical equipment and other needed materials.
• Troubleshoot plant equipment and systems. Propose modifications for existing processes upon direction of the superintendent.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited university.
• Minimum two years of electrical distribution and/or control system experience.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with electrical systems in a manufacturing plant environment.
• Knowledge in the following:
o Power equipment-transformers, motor control centers, distribution panels, generators, and UPS power, etc.
o Heat trace-electrical heat tape and controllers
o Variable frequency drives - AC drive for process equipment
o HVAC - installation and operation
o P&ID’s and ISA nomenclature
o Design of motor elementary circuits, one lines, and panel layouts
o Voltages from 5kV, 480V, 208/120V, 30.5Vdc, 24Vdc, 12Vdc
o Communication busses - Devicenet, ASi, and Foundation Fieldbus
• Capability of leading problem solving teams.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong organizational skills.
• Awareness of OSHA, NFPA, and other governing bodies and design to their standards where applicable.
• Make decisions independently on engineering problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Considered a Plus:
• Experience with SAP and AutoCAD.
• Experience with DeltaV instrument fieldbus networks such as Foundation Fieldbus, ASi, and DeviceNet.
• NFPA7OE - Arc Flash Protection
• Ability to work in inclement weather and plant environment as needed.
• Ability to work overtime/weekends, as required.