Scoring a job in retail sales offers work that combines your interests and people skills. Build a sales associate resume that shows you care for customers as well as selling products.
Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show retail managers you keep customers happy and buying, but still appreciate a well-organized store:
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Inventory support
Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Modesty won’t get you noticed here – brag about your successes learning new products, helping customers and increasing sales:
- Quotas and goals
- Seasonal promotions
Sales Associate Resume Example
Sales Associate, ApothiCare, Saint Pete Beach, FL
September 2012 - February 2013
- Retail sales: Greet guests, answer product questions, and convert to sales in specialty skincare and fragrance boutique.
- Product knowledge: Learn ingredients, variations and updates to multiple men’s and women’s skincare lines. Meet with fragrance designer representatives to understand scents categories and notes.
- Merchandising: Responsible for seasonal updates to product displays, sample selections, and window design.
- Focused on gift purchasers to up sell gift-with-purchase products and surpass fragrance sales goals by 20%, November and December 2012.
- Promoted to lead day-shift associate, January 2013. Duties, in addition to retail sales, included register open, associate scheduling, and task assignments.
- Created Summer sidewalk sale to clear expiring products in advance of new Holiday products. Utilized creative merchandising and social media to promote clearance sale without additional advertising.